The Meredith Vieira Show
The Meredith Vieira Show was an American talk show hosted by Meredith Vieira and produced by NBCUniversal Television Distribution. It premiered on September 8, 2014, and was airing in syndication. The second and final season premiered on September 8, 2015.
|The Meredith Vieira Show|
|Presented by||Meredith Vieira|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||290 |
|Production location(s)||Studio 6-A, NBC Studios, New York City|
|Running time||42 minutes|
Meredith Vieira Productions|
NBCUniversal Television Distribution
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 8, 2014– May 20, 2016|
NBCUniversal canceled the show after two seasons because of low ratings. The final show aired on May 20, 2016.
In July 2013, NBCUniversal Television Distribution ordered The Meredith Vieira Show, with a fall 2014 premiere.
Everett Bradley served as show's band leader, with Jon Harris as announcer. The Meredith Vieira Show was sold to local stations in 98% of the United States. NBCUniversal Television renewed the show for a second season.
On January 5, 2016, NBCUniversal announced that it was not renewing the show, citing a ratings decline, downgrades from local stations, and Vieira's work schedule. Vieira noted in a statement, "I am so sorry to see our show come to an end after this season, but I am also incredibly proud of the work our staff has done and forever grateful to our supportive viewers," and added, "We promise to spend our final weeks producing the best broadcast we know how. And have a blast doing so!"
- "The Meredith Vieira Show – Episodes". TV Guide. Retrieved February 21, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 5, 2014). "Everett Bradley, Who Tours With the Legendary E Street Band, Joins 'The Meredith Viera Show'; Jon Harris to Serve as New Announcer" (Press release). TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Ariens, Chris (21 May 2016). "Meredith Vieira Show Ends Its Run: 'It Has Been Such a Pleasure.'". TVNewser. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- Blake, Meredith (July 9, 2013). "Meredith Vieira to launch daytime talk show in 2014". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Albiniak, Paige (May 5, 2014). "'Meredith Vieira' Staffs Up". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media, LLC. Retrieved May 5, 2014.
- Giddens, Jamey (October 31, 2014). "The Meredith Vieira Show Receives Early Season 2 Pick-Up From NBCUniversal". Daytime Confidential. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- "Meredith Vieira's on-set chair borrowed from her home". Newscast Studio. HD Media Ventures, LLC. August 27, 2014. Retrieved June 7, 2015.
- 'The Meredith Vieira Show' To End After Two Seasons from Deadline (January 5, 2016)