The Meanest Man in Texas
The Meanest Man in Texas is a 2017 American biographical drama film about the life of Clyde Thompson. The film was directed by Justin Ward. It stars Mateus Ward, Casey Bond and Alexandra Bard. Bond also served as one of the producers of the film.
|The Meanest Man in Texas|
|Directed by||Justin Ward|
|Produced by||Casey Bond|
|Written by||Don Umphrey|
|Music by||Steve Dorff|
|Edited by||Bryndon Smith|
Higher Purpose Entertainment
|Distributed by||Ohana Pictures Entertainment|
Based on the best-selling book written by Don Umphrey, "The Meanest Man in Texas" is the true story of Clyde Thompson. In 1928, a young Clyde finds himself in the wrong place, at the wrong time and in the wrong company. After taking part in the shooting of two men near Cisco, Texas, Clyde is convicted of murder and sentenced to death. Just hours before execution by electric chair, the Governor spares him the death penalty, but he is shipped to the Texas Prison Farm to serve hard labor, where he gains the moniker "The Meanest Man in Texas." The story follows Clyde’s journey as his personal roller-coaster ride takes him on some life-changings highs and lows, but ultimately leads him to redemption. It also includes a handicapped woman on the outside who corresponds with this prisoner who has been given three life sentences.
- Mateus Ward as Clyde Thompson
- Jamie McShane as Captain Colt
- Alexandra Bard as Julia Perryman
- Casey Bond as Marvin Harper
- Ben Reed as Rees Thompson
- James Morrison as Sheriff Kilborn
- Michael Monks as O.B. Ellis
- Isabella Acres as Ruthie Welsey
- Richard Riehle as Mr. Kilpatrick
- Anthony Guerino as Barney Allen
- Amy Kay Raymond as Myrtle Perryman
- James Edwards as Ralph Fults
- Darren Richardson as Donald
- McDonnell, Brandy (21 April 2017). "Video: Oklahoma native and gospel singer Mary Millben makes national TV debut, releases debut single". The Oklahoman. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- ""The Meanest Man in Texas" Actors Casey Bond, Alexandra Bard & Mateus Ward 4/26/17". WSMV-TV. 26 April 2017. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
|This article about a biographical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|