The Massacre of Rabaa Between Narration & Documentation
The Massacre of Rabaa Between Narration & Documentation is an e-book documenting eyewitness testimony, pictures and names of Rabaa massacre victims in Rabaa al-Adawiya Square, Nasr City in eastern Cairo, Egypt on August 14, 2013.
The first edition of the book was in Arabic, which was translated later and published in English. A second edition was also published in Arabic. This book has been relied on to determine the number of victims killed in the largest massacre of modern Egyptian history.
Contents of the bookEdit
- An introduction entitled: "The First Flow of Blood... a Paper," referring to the paper published by the Tamarod, an Egyptian grassroots movement that organized an uprising against Mohamed Morsi in 2013.
- Chapter titled "Steadfastness in Dispersion Massacre" tells the testimonies of some witnesses during the Rabaa massacre, supported by pictures.
- Chapter lists the pictures, names and addresses of 377 victims of the massacre, followed by a table of names and addresses of the rest of victims. The book mentions 802 victims.
- Then the book ends with conclusions and references.
- "The massacre of rabaa between narration & documentation, 1st Ed. (Ar.)". Yaser Selim. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- "The massacre of rabaa between narration & documentation, 1st Ed. (En.)". Yaser Selim. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2015-06-08.
- "The Massacre of Rabaa Between Narration and Documentation, 2nd Ed. (Ar.)". Yaser Selim. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2015-06-08.