This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015)
The Magnificent Ambersons is an A&E Network film for television, inspired by Booth Tarkington's novel The Magnificent Ambersons. It was filmed using Orson Welles's screenplay and editing notes of the original film. Directed by Alfonso Arau, the film stars Madeleine Stowe, Bruce Greenwood, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Gretchen Mol, Jennifer Tilly, Dina Merrill and James Cromwell. This film does not strictly follow Welles's screenplay. It lacks several scenes included in the 1942 version, and contains essentially the same happy ending as Tarkington's novel.
This article needs a plot summary. (March 2018)
- Madeleine Stowe as Isabel Amberson Minafer
- Bruce Greenwood as Eugene Morgan
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers as George Amberson Minafer
- Gretchen Mol as Lucy Morgan
- Jennifer Tilly as Fanny Minafer
- William Hootkins as Uncle George
- Dina Merrill as Mrs. Johnson
- James Cromwell as Major Amberson
- Keith Allen as George - Age 9
- Jane Brennan as Nurse
- "Magnificent Ambersons". variety.com.
- "The Magnificent Ambersons, an A&E Original Movie". Archived from the original on February 6, 2002. Retrieved 2002-02-06.