The Magic of Thinking Big
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publisher||Wilshire Book Co, Chatsworth, California|
The book, which has sold over 4 million copies, instructs people to set their goals high and think positively to achieve them. The author gives a step-by-step guide on how to achieve what one wants by changing their thought patterns and thought habits.
Schwartz argues that the major thing holding people back is the relative smallness of their thoughts, and explains the importance of 'Thinking positively toward oneself'. He begins the book by relating a story of a salesman who sells significantly more product and makes more money than his co-workers. Schwartz points out that the man was not smarter, more educated or better connected than his colleagues. According to Schwartz, the man expected to sell more so he did.
Another important idea that Schwartz reminds us through this book is - 'To see what can be, not just what is'. He explains that visualization adds value to everything and thinking big means training oneself to see not just what is, but what can be.
In this book, David J. Schwartz, the author, talks about "Make Your Attitudes Your Allies."
This book is a classic motivational and self-help book, which is similar to another motivational book - The Power of Positive Thinking. The legendary American football coach, and sportscaster - Lou Holtz mentions that this book helped him create his lifelong goals list. As one reads each chapter, the reader gains an understanding of each chapter title/topic along with a brief excerpt from the author's personal life. He also describes three failure diseases : excuse-itis, detail-itis and procrastination. This book builds an individual's confidence, mentality, vision of life and ultimately the ability to think big introspectively and extrospectively. In short, making better decisions and avoiding negative thoughts are benefits of reading this book.
- Bio - David Schwartz
- David Schwartz Biography
- The Magic of Thinking Success by Dr. David J. Schwartz Foreword by Melvin Powers
- Fun Trivia: S : Self Help/Improvement
- The magic of thinking big - Thoughts
- The Magic Of Thinking Big – Book Review
- Interview with the legendary football coach - Lou Holtz
- The Magic of Thinking Big Written by Editor in Chief, Pick The Brain
- The Magic of Thinking by David Schwartz
- Schwartz, David Joseph. The Magic of Thinking Big. New York: Simon & Schuster, 1987. A big believer in nudging his ways of thinking lead to the revolution of leadership in the international environment. He famously said that one way of leadership is to look after the water and not the fish as they will look after themselves.