The Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico
The Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico is a Canadian mockumentary film released in 2005. Written and directed by Michael Mabbott, the film stars Matt Murphy, a musician previously associated with the bands The Super Friendz and The Flashing Lights, as Guy Terrifico, a country singer long rumoured to have died three decades earlier, but now reemerging from his disappearance and releasing a new album.
|The Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico|
|Directed by||Michael Mabbott|
|Produced by||Nicholas Tabarrok|
|Written by||Michael Mabbott|
|Music by||Michael Mabbott|
|Edited by||Gareth C. Scales|
The film won the award for Best Canadian First Feature Film at the 2005 Toronto International Film Festival. In December 2005, it was named to TIFF's annual Canada's Top Ten list of the year's best Canadian films.
- Matt Murphy as Guy Terrifico
- Natalie Radford as Mary Lou Griffiths
- Jane Sowerby as Loni Lipvanchuck
- David Christo as Guy Jr.
- Lyriq Bent as Mr. Stuff
- Kris Kristofferson as Himself
- Merle Haggard as Himself
- Colin Linden as Himself
- Ronnie Hawkins as Himself
- Donnie Fritts as Himself
- Levon Helm as Himself
- Jim Cuddy as Himself
- Greg Keelor as Himself
- Rob Bowman as Himself
- George Stroumboulopoulos as Himself
- Phil Kaufman as Himself
- The Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico. tribute.ca.
- "That's just Terrifico" Hour, November 10, 2005.
- "Life and Hard Times of Guy Terrifico takes mocking look at country troubadour". Canadian Press, November 7, 2005.
- "Topping the list: Canada's cinematic achievements". National Post, December 14, 2005.