The Last Journey of Ninoy is a 2009 Philippine documentary film directed by Jun Reyes that premiered on 21 August 2009 in commemoration of Ninoy Aquino Day and on 23 August at ABS-CBN. The film includes the final interview given by Aquino's wife who then became the first woman to Philippine presidency, Corazon Aquino. It was produced by Unitel Productions, Inc. and the Benigno Aquino Jr. Foundation.
|The Last Journey of Ninoy|
|Directed by||Jun Reyes|
|Written by||Daime Dumaup|
Ma. Jovita Zarate
Divine Gil Reyes
|Produced by||Tony Gloria|
|Edited by||Claire Villareal|
|Music by||Jasper Perez and Khalil Al khalil|
Benigno Aquino Jr. Foundation
|Distributed by||Unitel Productions, Inc.|
It is about the story of the final days of Aquino from 12 August 1983 to 21 August till he was assassinated at the Manila International Airport. It features interviews and commentaries from Aquino's wife and former Philippine president, Corazon Aquino.
Release and receptionEdit
The film premiered on 21 August 2009 at the Powerplant Mall in Makati. On 23 August, the film premiered in national television simultaneously via ABS-CBN and also simulcasted on the ABS-CBN News Channel (ANC) and The Filipino Channel (TFC). Since August 21, 2020, the film is streaming on ABS-CBN's streaming service iWant (later renamed as iWant TFC due to the service's merger with TFC Online).
Reviews for the documentary film were generally positive. Rose Feliciano of the ABS-CBN News wrote "I was touched and I cried at the end of the film!" and "As I am! This film must be shown to all students nationwide...and to the public in general .....again and again! It truly inspires!"
The film was a finalist in the 2010 Al Jazeera International Documentary Film Festival and in the 2010 New York Film Festival.
- Reyes, Paolo R. (24 July 2009). "Ninoy Aquino's last journey". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Vanzi, Sol Jose (16 August 2009). "NINOY AQUINO: FINAL DAYS DOCUMENTARY". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Buensalido, Monique (28 August 2009). "The eternal legacy of Ninoy's last journey". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Bayos, Kris (18 August 2009). "Ninoy's last journey to be screened". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Christine O. Avendaño (August 21, 2020). "Docu to mark Ninoy's 37th death anniversary". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- Clifford Olanday (August 21, 2020). "Remastered Documentary of Ninoy's Final Days and Cory's Last Interview Can Now Be Streamed for Free". Esquire Philippines. Retrieved August 23, 2020.
- Feliciano, Rose (24 August 2009). "RE: show "Last Journey of Ninoy"". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "The Last Journey of Ninoy". Unitel Productions, Inc. Retrieved 23 February 2013.