The Last Godfather
|The Last Godfather|
|Directed by||Shim Hyung-rae|
|Produced by||Choi Dooho|
|Written by||Shim Hyung-rae|
|Music by||John Lissauer|
|Edited by||Jeff Freeman|
Yong-gu (Shim Hyung-rae) is the illegitimate child of the infamous mafia boss Don Carini (Harvey Keitel), who operates out of New York. Carini shocks everyone by stating that he wants Yong-gu to take over the operation, something that seems to be a bad choice when the man in question shows himself to be a poor candidate to be a mafia don.
- Shim Hyung-rae as Young-gu
- Harvey Keitel as Don Carini
- Blake Clark as Captain O'Brian
- Michael Rispoli as Tony V
- Jason Mewes as Vinnie
- Jocelin Donahue as Nancy Bonfante
- Jon Polito as Don Bonfante
- Michele Specht as Burlesque Hostess
- John Pinette as Macho
- Paul Hipp as Rocco
- Debra Mooney as Sister Theresa
- Jack Kehler as Cabbie
The Los Angeles Times and The National both panned The Last Godfather, and the Los Angeles Times wrote that the film was "more harmlessly amiable than outright awful, though it might still be best to just forget about it."
- Park, Soo-mee (January 26, 2011). "Shim Hyung-rae's 'The Last Godfather' to Open in N. America on April 1". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- Paquet, Darcy. "The Last Godfather (review)". Screen Daily. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "THE LAST GODFATHER (2011)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Olsen, Mark. "Movie review: 'The Last Godfather'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 21 April 2015.