An editor has performed a search and found that sufficient sources exist to establish the subject's notability. These sources can be used to expand the article and may be described in edit summaries or found on the talk page. The article may include original research, or omit significant information about the subject. (January 2022)
The Journey to Kafiristan (German: Die Reise nach Kafiristan) is a 2001 drama film written and directed by Donatello and Fosco Dubini.
|The Journey to Kafiristan|
|Directed by||Donatello Dubini and Fosco Dubini|
|Written by||Barbara Marx and Fosco Dubini|
|Produced by||Fosco and Donatello Dubini|
|Edited by||Christel Maye|
|Distributed by||Real Fiction Filmverleih|
The film follows Swiss author Annemarie Schwarzenbach's journey through Kafiristan, a region in Afghanistan, with ethnologist Ella Maillart, who is investigation nomadic people there, as they explore themselves and their developing feelings toward each other.
- Jeanette Hain as Annemarie Schwarzenbach
- Nina Petri as Ella Maillart
- Monika Arnó as Dame auf dem Schiff
- Vassilios Avgouteas as Barkeeper
- Matthew Burton as Joseph Hackin
- Christoph Frass as Diener
- ^ Die Reise nach Kafiristan (2001) - IMDb, retrieved 2021-09-02
- ^ "The Journey to Kafiristan (Die Reise nach Kafiristan)". Cineuropa - lo mejor del cine europeo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-09-02.
- ^ Elley, Derek (2001-08-26). "The Journey To Kafiristan". Variety. Retrieved 2021-09-02.
- ^ "German Film Series: "Die Reise nach Kafiristan" | Calendar of Events | Amherst College". www.amherst.edu. Retrieved 2021-09-02.
- ^ "The Journey to Kafiristan | Encyclopedia.com". www.encyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2021-09-02.