The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
|Edited by||Robert Bruce Slater|
BRUCON Publishing (United States)
|ISO 4||J. Blacks High. Educ.|
The journal was established as a quarterly in 1993 by Theodore Cross, a "champion of civil rights" and the journal's longtime editor-in-chief. The last print issue appeared in 2010. Issues published between 1993 and 2010 are available on JSTOR. However, the magazine still publishes articles on its website. It reports and comments on statistical information pertaining to black students and faculty in the United States. According to Rhonda Sharpe and William Darity ("Schools Successful at Producing Black Male Graduates"), it is "a key resource for publicly consumable statistical reports about the status of blacks in higher education".
- Fox, Margalit (March 3, 2010). "Theodore Cross Dies at 86, a Champion of Civil Rights". The New York Times. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- Wilson, Ida Elizabeth (2001). "Judicial and Legal Perspectives on Student Affirmative Action in Higher Education". In Beverly Lindsay (ed.). The Quest for Equity in Higher Education: Toward New Paradigms in an Evolving Affirmative Action Era. Manuel J. Justiz. SUNY Press. pp. 33–62. ISBN 9780791450611.
- Thernstrom, Stephan; Thernstrom, Abigail (2009). America in Black and White: One Nation, Indivisible. Simon & Schuster. p. 637. ISBN 9781439129098.
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education. Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. 1993. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education". JSTOR. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "About JBHE". The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education. August 10, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- Cottom, Tressie McMillan (January 24, 2014). "Adjunct crisis in higher ed: An all too familiar story for black faculty". Slate. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- Drozdowski, Mark J. (January 1, 2004). "A Review of The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education and Black Issues in Higher Education". AdjunctNation.com. Retrieved November 10, 2016.
- Sharpe, Rhonda Vonshay; Darity, William A. (2009). "Where are Brothers in the Academy? Schools Successful at Producing Black Male Graduates". In Henry Taylor Frierson (ed.). Black American Males in Higher Education: Research, Programs and Academe. James H. Wyche. Emerald Group Publishing. pp. 79–116. ISBN 9781849506434.
- Greenberg, Jack (2004). Brown V. Board Of Education: Witness To A Landmark Decision. Twelve Tables Press. p. 298.
|This African American–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an education journal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This Pennsylvania-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|