The Jerk, Too
|The Jerk, Too|
|Written by||Steve Martin (characters)|
Carl Gottlieb (characters)
|Directed by||Michael Schultz|
|Music by||Frank Denson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Steve Martin|
George E. Crosby (associate producer)
|Cinematography||Joseph F. Biroc|
|Running time||95 minutes|
|Production company(s)||40 Share Productions, Inc.|
|Original release||January 6, 1984|
The Jerk, Too was produced, but not written, by Steve Martin.
Navin Johnson sets out to attend the wedding of Marie, his pen pal in California, but runs into a gang of hobos, led by a schemer named Diesel. Diesel discovers Navin's skill at playing poker and takes Navin to Las Vegas where they win enough to travel to Los Angeles in style.
- Mark Blankfield as Navin Johnson
- Ray Walston as Diesel
- Robert Sampson as Van Buren
- Patricia Barry as Mrs. Van Buren
- Barrie Ingham as Carl the Butler
- Stacey Nelkin as Marie Van Buren
- Jean LeClerc as Count Marco
- Thalmus Rasulala as Crossroads
- Pat McCormick as Dudley
- Bill Saluga as Shoes
- Mabel King as Mama Johnson
- Lina Raymond as Cheetah Johnson
- William Smith as Suicide
- Pete Schrum as Ugly Eddie
- Lainie Kazan as Card Player
- O'Connor, John J. (6 January 1984). "TV WEEKEND; 'JERK TOO,' 'BLUE THUNDER'". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- Davis, Erik (2010-04-02). "Yes, These Exist: 'Splash Too' and 'The Jerk, Too'". Moviefone.