The Jane Austen Season
The Jane Austen Season is a British television series of dramas based on novels by Jane Austen. The season began on ITV at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday 18 March 2007, with Mansfield Park. The following week, Northanger Abbey was aired. The season ended with the airing of Persuasion on Sunday 1 April 2007. A repeat of the 1996 feature-length film Emma was broadcast on Friday 6 April 2007. The combined ITV and BBC series was shown in the United States by the PBS Masterpiece Theatre drama anthology television series from January through March 2008.
The following films were first aired in the United States on WGBH-TV as part of the PBS Masterpiece series, The Complete Jane Austen.
- Persuasion – 13 January 2008. Sally Hawkins stars as Anne Elliot.
- Northanger Abbey – 20 January 2008. Felicity Jones plays romance addict Catherine Morland.
- Mansfield Park – 27 January 2008. Austen's most complex plot stars Billie Piper as Fanny Price.
- Miss Austen Regrets – 3 February 2008. Olivia Williams; this film biography dramatizes Austen's lost loves.
- Pride and Prejudice – 10–24 February 2008. Colin Firth portrays Mr. Darcy and Jennifer Ehle portrays Elizabeth Bennet.
- Sense and Sensibility – 30 March – 6 April 2008. Hattie Morahan plays Elinor Dashwood, and Charity Wakefield plays her sister, Marianne.
- Emma – 4–25 October 2009. Kate Beckinsale stars in the title role.