The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete(Redirected from The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete)
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Tillman, Jr.|
|Produced by||George Tillman, Jr.
|Written by||Michael Starrbury|
|Music by||Alicia Keys
|Edited by||Jamie Kirkpatrick|
Floren Shieh Productions
iDeal Partners Film Fund
State Street Pictures
|Distributed by||CodeBlack Entertainment
The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete is a 2013 American drama film directed by George Tillman, Jr. and written by Michael Starrbury. The film stars Anthony Mackie, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks and Jeffrey Wright. Coming of age story about two inner city youths, who are left to fend for themselves over the summer after their mothers are taken away by the authorities. Skylan Brooks and Ethan Dizon star in the title roles as Mister and Pete, respectively.
During a sweltering summer in New York City, 13-year-old Mister’s (Skylan Brooks) hard-living mother (Hudson) is apprehended by the police, leaving the boy and nine-year-old Pete (Dizon) alone to forage for food while dodging child protective services and the destructive scenarios of the Brooklyn projects. Faced with more than any child can be expected to bear, the resourceful Mister nevertheless feels he is an unstoppable force against seemingly unmovable obstacles. But what really keeps the pair in the survival game is much more Mister’s vulnerability than his larger-than-life attitude. Plus he and Pete have to figure out how to do all of this without money , it is not known that Pete was very smart throughout all of this
- Skylan Brooks as Mister
- Ethan Dizon as Pete
- Anthony Mackie as Kris
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Pike
- Jennifer Hudson as Gloria
- Jordin Sparks as Alice
- Jeffrey Wright as Henry
- Julito McCullum as Dip Stick
- Adam Trese as Alice's Boyfriend
- Michael Chmiel as Clerk
- Chandler Frantz as Paul Finch-Audition Boy
- Marcus Carl Franklin as College Kid
In its opening weekend, the film opened in 147 theaters in the United States and Canada and grossed $254,279, ranking #24 at the box office. Mister & Pete was in release for 3 weeks and has grossed $494,608 domestically.
|2014||Young Artist Award||Best Leading Young Actor in a Feature Film||Skylan Brooks||Nominated|||
- "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete screening at Montclair Film Festival". Planet Chocko. 6 May 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete (2013)". Box Office Mojo. 31 October 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks in Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete". Digital spy. 23 July 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Lionsgate's Codeblack Films Acquires Sundance Pic 'The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete'". Deadline. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "'The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete' Sets October 11 Release". Deadline. 1 August 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Weekend Box Office Results for October 11-13, 2013". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete (2013)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "35th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved 14 April 2014.