The Himalaya Drug Company
The Himalaya Drug Company is an Indian company established by M Manal in 1930 and based in Bangalore, India. It produces health care products under the name Himalaya Herbal Healthcare whose products include ayurvedic ingredients. It is spread across locations in India, the United States, the Middle East, Asia and Europe., while its products are sold in 92 countries across the world.
|M Manal(Founder), Philipe Haydon (CEO), Nabeel Manal (CEO)|
|Products||Herbal ayurvedic medicine, Nutrition, Personal Care, Baby Care|
The company has more than 290 researchers that utilize ayurvedic herbs and minerals. A Hepatic drug, named Liv.52, is its flagship product, first introduced in 1955. Liv.52 to date has now over 215 clinical trials backing it.
Himalaya Global Holdings Ltd. (HGH), is the parent of The Himalaya Drug Company worldwide. It is also the global headquarters of all Himalaya subsidiaries.
Founded by Muhammad Manal, the company was founded to commercialise the roots and herbs products being used in natural form earlier. Today, the company has offices across the globe, including India, USA, South Africa and other countries in Europe, the middle east, and Asia.
As of 2015, the company sold its products in 91 countries with about 50% of its revenue from outside India.
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare has a very wide range of products, which include "pharmaceuticals, personal care, baby care, well-being, nutrition and animal health products." The Neem Face Wash is one of their most popular and well known products. Mothercare products have been launched in 2016 with foray into extensive research and development in systems of ancient Ayurveda medicines of India. The company has a presence in 92 countries.
- How a musician CEO struck the right note with Himalaya Drug
- Nabeel Manal, CEO Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
- "The Himalaya Drug Company". Businessweek.
- "Eastern therapy, universal appeal". The Star. 11 June 2006.
- Kumar, B. Rajesh; Satish, S. M (2007). Growth Strategies Of Indian Pharma Companies. pp. 122-123.
- "Himalaya rolls in new oral range HiOra". Business Line. 17 December 2010.
- 40 years ago... and now: Taking traditional Indian medicine to the world 
- "How Himalaya made ancient Ayurveda popular across the globe". Rediff. 19 January 2015. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash Review".
- Himalaya Drug Company to hire 1,000 people, eyes Rs 2,500 crore revenue in fiscal FY18