(Redirected from The Happy Lion)
The Happy Lion (ISBN 0-375-82759-5) is a 1954 children's picture book by Louise Fatio and illustrated by Roger Duvoisin. In the book, the Happy Lion lives in a small zoo in France. When he escapes, he is surprised that people are now scared of him.
Books in the seriesEdit
- The Happy Lion (1954) - "Grand sourire."
- The Happy Lion in Africa (1955)
- The Happy Lion Roars (1957)
- The Three Happy Lions (1959) - "... another delightfully Gallic adventure with a tiny French vocabulary and Roger Duvoisin's uniquely ingratiating color illustrations."
- The Happy Lion's Quest (1961) - "The improbable situation of a lion in school and the sight of two humans and one friendly animal all stuffed in a little French car on the way back to the zoo will delight early graders especially as envisioned by Roger Duvoisin's winsome illustrations in color and black and white."
- The Happy Lion and the Bear (1964)
- The Happy Lion's Holiday, aka The Happy Lion's Vacation (1967) - "The single incongruity of the series--a gentle, lovable lion--is pretty much played out by this time, and two-thirds of the latest adventure is as aimless as the drifting balloon. We found little distinction and some confusion in the drawings--maybe it's time for a vacation."
- The Happy Lion's Treasure (1970)
- The Happy Lion's Rabbits (1974)
- The Happy Lioness (1980)
- "The Happy Lion". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "The Three Happy Lions". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "The Happy Lion's Quest". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "The Happy Lion's Vacation". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
|This article about a picture book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|