Han twins murder conspiracy
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Han twins murder conspiracy was a case of attempted murder of Sunny Han by her identical twin sister Jeen "Gina" Han, occurring on November 6, 1996 in Irvine, California. Both are Korean-born American citizens.
|Born||1974 (age 44–45)|
|Criminal charge||attempted murder|
|Penalty||26 years to life|
It quickly became a sensationalized story in the media. The case brought together several themes, including surviving a broken family through a close sisterly bond, a "good" twin sister and an "evil" twin sister who were co-valedictorians at their high school.
Jeen Han was imprisoned at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla, CA in 1998 with a sentence of 26 years to life in prison. Twenty years later, in May 2018, she was granted parole by the California's Board of Parole.
In November 1999, an American Justice documentary titled "Sister Against Sister: The Twin Murder Plot" aired on A&E, covering the sensational details of the case. The program was hosted by Bill Kurtis.
In 2001, the case was profiled on The Investigators under the title "Evil Twin".
In 2012, this story became the focus of the pilot episode of the Investigation Discovery show, "Evil Twins".
- Nathan Solis (June 21, 2018). "'Evil Twin' Granted Parole Despite DA's Objections". courthousenews.com. Retrieved July 21, 2019.
- "Family feud leads to twin's murder plot." Associated Press at Beloit Daily News. Monday November 18, 1996.
- "'Evil twin' found guilty of plotting to kill sister." Associated Press at Beloit Daily News. Friday November 21, 1997.
- Court of Appeal verdict The People v. Jeen Young Han et al. 2/25/00
- "JAILED SUSPECT SAYS TWIN SISTER LIED ABOUT MURDER PLOT." Associated Press at the Los Angeles Daily News. November 18, 1996.
- Sister Against Sister - American Justice at TV.com
- Snapped - Jeena Han
- "Evil Twins" true crime paperback - Amazon.com
- Hernandez, Greg. "Woman Gets 26 Years to Life in Plot to Kill Identical Twin." Los Angeles Times. May 9, 1998.
- Hernandez, Greg. "Twin Gets 26 Years to Life for Murder Plot." Los Angeles Times. May 9, 1998.
- "Woman Jailed 26 Years to Life." The New York Times. May 10, 1998.
- Orange County Register - Evil Twin Murder Plot
- ‘Evil twin’ granted parole after serving nearly 2 decades in prison for plot to kill sister in Irvine