The Great Movies
The Great Movies is the name of several publications, both online and in print, from the film critic Roger Ebert. The object was, as Ebert put it, to "make a tour of the landmarks of the first century of cinema."
The Great Movies was published as four books:
- The Great Movies, published in November 2003 (544 pages, Three Rivers Press, ISBN 978-0767910385)
- The Great Movies II published in February 2006 (517 pages, Three Rivers Press, ISBN 978-0767919869)
- The Great Movies III, published in October 2011 (440 pages, University of Chicago Press, ISBN 978-0226182094)
- The Great Movies IV, published in September 2016 (288 pages, University of Chicago Press, ISBN 978-0226403984)
- This includes 7 film series (or other entries bundling more than one film), 6 of which are: "The Films of Buster Keaton [from the period 1920–1929]" (c. 32 movies, excluding The General, which has a separate entry), "Ivan the Terrible, Parts I & II", The Apu Trilogy, "Chuck Jones: Three Cartoons", "The Up Documentaries" (8 films as of May 2019) and "Three Colors Trilogy: Blue, White, Red". Listed separately, this makes for 45 extra entries, adding up to the 409 films on to iCheckMovies list. If also the 10 films of Dekalog were listed separately, the grand total would be around 418 films.
|This article about a non-fiction book on film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|