The Girl on the Boat (film)
The Girl on the Boat is a 1961 British comedy film directed by Henry Kaplan and starring Norman Wisdom, Millicent Martin and Richard Briers. It is based on the novel of the same name by P.G. Wodehouse.
|The Girl on the Boat|
|Directed by||Henry Kaplan|
|Produced by||John Bryan|
|Written by||Reuben Ship|
|Based on||the novel by P.G. Wodehouse|
|Music by||Kenneth V. Jones|
|Cinematography||Denys N. Coop|
|Edited by||Noreen Ackland|
|Distributed by||United Artists Corporation (UK)|
During the 1920s, two young men returning to England on a transatlantic liner fall in love with two fellow passengers.
- Norman Wisdom - Sam Marlowe
- Millicent Martin - Billie Bennett
- Richard Briers - Eustace Hignett
- Philip Locke - Bream Mortimer
- Sheila Hancock - Jane
- Athene Seyler - Mrs Hignett
- Bernard Cribbins - Peters
- Noel Willman - Webster
- Reginald Beckwith - Barman
- Timothy Bateson - Purser
- Peter Bull - Blacksmith
- Martin Wyldeck - J.P. Mortimer
- William Sherwood - Mr Bennett
- Georgina Cookson - Passenger
Sky Movies: "Something of a departure for Norman Wisdom...Wisdom was not to stray from formula again until the conclusion of his string of crazy comedies for Rank".  The Radio Times comments: "Norman Wisdom tried something different from his usual slapstick with this seagoing comedy romance ...It doesn't work for Wisdom, though it does for the less mannered professionals in support such as Richard Briers, Millicent Martin and Athene Seyler". Allmovie: "Like Jerry Lewis, Norman Wisdom is an acquired taste, but he's worth sampling at least once".
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | The GIRL ON THE BOAT (1962)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "The Girl on the Boat - Sky Movies HD". Skymovies.sky.com. 9 July 2005. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "The Girl on the Boat | Film review and movie reviews". Radio Times. 8 April 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "The Girl on the Boat (1962) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. Retrieved 17 June 2014.