The Fragrance Foundation
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
History and operationsEdit
Linda G. Levy is the president Jerry Vittoria is chairman of the Fragrance Foundation. In January 2015, former U.S. President Bill Clinton was the speaker at inaugural program Fragrance Foundation Talks, where he spoke about the "work with Haitian artisans and the fragrance houses for purchasing vetiver from more than 30,000 earthquake-stricken farmers," among other global issues.
Known as the "Oscars of the fragrance industry," the Fragrance Foundation Awards (formerly named the FiFi awards) is an annual event. Conceived by former president, Annette Green, the Awards event have been held annually in New York City since 1973 and are attended by around 1,000 people.
Categories include Fragrance of the Year, Best Packaging, Best National Advertising Campaign, Bath & Body Line, Interior Scent Collection, Fragrance Hall of Fame, Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage, Scent Bite, Technological Breakthrough of the Year and Perfumer of the Year, Life Time Achievement.
National Sense of Smell DayEdit
National Sense of Smell Day is an annual event sponsored by the Sense of Smell Institute. It is held on the last Saturday of April at children's museums and science centers across the United States. The day is focused on how the sense of smell plays an important role in daily life and how it interacts with other senses (particularly taste). Typically, museums and science centers celebrating the day will feature hands-on activities and informational displays about the sense of smell.
National Fragrance DayEdit
- Julie Naughton and Pete Born with contributions from Molly Prior, Jayme Cyk, Belisa Silva (31 January 2014). "Bill Clinton Talks Fragrance and More". WWD. Retrieved 31 January 2014.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Timeline of the Fragrance Foundation". www.fragrance.org. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "The Fragrance Foundation announces new mission and strategy to support the industry". cosmeticsdesign.com. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- "Industry gears up for 'Oscars' of the fragrance world..." cosmeticsdesign.com. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Annette Green Fragrance Archive". FIDM Museum Blog. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Past Winners". www.fragrance.org. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- Frederick, Kelly. "Sense of Smell Day". Perfumer & Flavorist. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Sense Of Smell Day | Days Of The Year". Days Of The Year. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- "Today is National #FragranceDay". cosmeticsdesign.com. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- Ataman, Deniz. "Mark Your Calendars, March 21 is National Fragrance Day". Perfumer & Flavorist. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- Collins, Allison (2018-01-10). "Fragrance Foundation Plans Official Fragrance Day". WWD. Retrieved 2018-05-23.