The Fossil (film)
The Fossil (化石, Kaseki) is a 1975 Japanese film directed by Masaki Kobayashi and based on a 1965 novel by Yasushi Inoue. It was Japan's submission to the 47th Academy Awards for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but was not accepted as a nominee.
|Directed by||Masaki Kobayashi|
|Based on||The Fossil|
by Yasushi Inoue
|Music by||Toru Takemitsu|
A detailed look at a Tokyo business tycoon (played by Shin Saburi) given a diagnosis of terminal cancer who must now re-assess his life and values.
- "化石". kotobank. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "List of Japanese films nominated for Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film" (in Japanese). Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Kaseki at IMDb
- 化石 at the Japanese Movie Database (in Japanese)
- A contemporary review+summary by The New York Times