The Foreshadowing (band)
The Foreshadowing during a live performance in Rome, Italy.
|Genres||Gothic metal, doom metal|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Members||Marco I. Benevento|
|Past members||Davide Pesola|
The band was officially formed at the dawn of 2005, but the project was actually started back in 1998, from an idea of Alessandro Pace (aka Alex Vega)), who involved his friends Andrea Chiodetti (guitar) and Francesco Sosto (keyboards) with the idea of starting up a new gothic doom metal band in the vein of My Dying Bride, Katatonia and Anathema, revisiting the sound of these bands in a modern key and with a personal style. Soon the trio was forced to put aside the project, as they couldn’t find the right members to fill the band up.
After a long period of other experiences in various band (Klimt 1918, Spiritual Front, Grimness), they rejoined again and found the spur to take in the old doom metal project again. Soon they were joined by Jonah Padella (drums) and Davide Pesola (bass), two old acquaintances of the underground metal scene in Rome. A couple of months later they engaged Marco Benevento, vocalist and mastermind of the Italian doom band How Like a Winter, who was the missing link to complete the line up.
Days of NothingEdit
Their debut full-length, Days of Nothing, was released during autumn 2005 and the beginning of 2006 and was mixed by Giuseppe Orlando (Novembre) at Outer Sound Studios in Rome. Days of Nothing is a concept album about an imaginary apocalypse wished by an insane ordinary man. After the releases the band signs to English cult label Candlelight Records. On 22 October 2007 Days of Nothing was issued under the historical label, receiving praise from most of the critics. Recently The Foreshadowing announced their official endorsement with Jackson Guitars USA.
In the beginning of 2010, The Foreshadowing announced the release of their second album Oionos, whose release date was set on April 2010 and contemporary made public their signing a new deal with German label Cyclone Empire Records. A cover version of "Russians" by Sting was included in the album tracklist.
On April 20, 2012, The Foreshadowing released their third album Second World.
- Marco I. Benevento – vocals (2005-present)
- Alessandro Pace – guitar (2005-present)
- Francesco Sosto – keyboards (2005-present)
- Michele Attolino – bass (2016-present)
- Giuseppe Orlando – drums (2013-present)
- Jonah Padella - drums (2005-2013)
- Davide Pesola – bass (2005-2010)
- Francesco Giulianelli – bass (2010-2016)
- Andrea Chiodetti – guitar (2005-2019)
- http://www.metalitalia.com/interviews/view.php?interview_pk=934[permanent dead link]
- Ritual n°35 pag. 34
- Metal Hammer n°6 2008 pag. 96
- Henderson, Alex. "Days of Nothing review". Allmusic. Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- Shadow, Pagan (21 November 2007). "Days of Nothing review". Metalcrypt.com. Retrieved 14 April 2009. (4.25/5)
- Bowar, Chad. "Days of Nothing review". Heavymetal.about.com. Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2010-04-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- The Foreshadowing Reveals New Album "Second World" Artwork