The Dave Garroway Show (radio program)
The Dave Garroway Show is an American old-time radio variety program. It was broadcast on NBC from 1947 to June 17, 1955. The title is a generic name that can refer to programs that had other titles including Reserved for Dave Garroway, Dial Dave Garroway, and Fridays with Dave Garroway.
Reserved for Dave Garroway|
Dial Dave Garroway
Fridays with Dave Garroway
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original release||1947 – June 17, 1955|
|Sponsored by||Armour and Company|
In a Billboard review of a 1947 episode of The Dave Garroway Show, Cy Wagner wrote, "Here's the show for those who want soothing, relaxing patter, top music and a meaty thought once in a while." He added that the program "accentuates the novel Garroway style and also gives the opportunity for some music arranged to fit the plan for a show that has an overall quiet, almost esoteric tone."
In addition to Dave Garroway as host, regulars on the program included Charlie Andrews, June Christie, Jim Fleming, Jack Haskell, Vivian Martin, and Connie Russell. The announcer was Charles Chan. Music was by the Art Van Damme Quintet.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio (Revised ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press. pp. 190–191. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3.
- Reinehr, Robert C.; Swartz, Jon D. (2010). The A to Z of Old Time Radio. Scarecrow Press. p. 76. ISBN 9781461672074. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Wagner, Cy (June 18, 1947). "The Dave Garroway Show". Billboard. p. 15. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Cox, Jim (2013). Sold on Radio: Advertisers in the Golden Age of Broadcasting. McFarland. pp. 249–250. ISBN 9780786451760. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Terrace, Vincent (1999). Radio Programs, 1924-1984: A Catalog of More Than 1800 Shows. McFarland & Company, Inc. pp. 93–94. ISBN 978-0-7864-4513-4.