TheJournal.ie is an internet publication in Ireland. It was a mixture of original and aggregated content, before moving to entirely original content. The website was founded in early 2010 and is owned by Distilled Media.
|Deputy editor||Christine Bohan|
|Managing editors||Susan Daly|
|Sports editor||Adrian Russell|
|Staff writers||20 news department staff |
|Circulation||750,000 Monthly Unique Users (Dec 2011)|
It was edited by Jennifer O'Connell in 2010–2011, and by Susan Daly between 2011 and the summer of 2019 when Sinead O'Carroll stepped into the role with Daly’s promotion to Managing Editor. The publication employs approximately twenty journalists.
TheJournal.ie produces 70 original pieces of content per day. The website is divided into four components: TheJournal.ie itself for Irish and international news and opinion; Business ETC for business news; The42 for sports news; and The Daily Edge for entertainment and gossip. As of 29 March 2019, The Daily Edge no longer produces content.
TheJournal.ie won three Eircom Spider Awards—Best News Site, the Digital Editor Award, and the Grand Prix Award for Best Overall Site. It also won two Irish Web Awards—Best Online Publication and Grand Prix for Best Website. In addition, it won the award for Best Media/Publishing App at the Appy Awards.
- Software developer job advertisement Adverts.ie.
- Siobhán, O'Connell (9 September 2010). "Copycat news site set to feed in chat and reaction". The Irish Times.
- "Distilled Media".
- "Student Loans". New Tech Post.
- "New editor for TheJournal.ie". Business & Leadership. 13 May 2011.
- "Twitter update on promotion". 22 August 2019.
- "AOP Member Profiles".
- "Bye from DailyEdge.ie, and thanks for all the memories". The Daily Edge. TheJournal.ie. 29 March 2019.
- "Irishtimes.com wins best publication at Irish web awards". The Irish Times.
- "Digital and Social Media Marketing Training". SocialMedia.ie.