The Color of Passion
The Color of Passion (Original title in Spanish: El color de la pasión) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Roberto Gómez Fernández for Televisa. The telenovela is written by Cuauhtémoc Blanco, who wrote the telenovelas Mi pecado, Cadenas de amargura, and El manantial.
|The Color of Passion|
|Also known as||Pasión de amor|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Hoy es un buen día" performed by Río Roma|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||122|
|Executive producer(s)||Roberto Gómez Fernández|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||March 17 –|
August 31, 2014
|Preceded by||De que te quiero, te quiero|
|Followed by||Yo no creo en los hombres|
The plot revolves around Rebeca (Michelle Renaud / Claudia Ramírez), a woman who always hated her sister Adriana (Ariadne Díaz) for having everything including the man whom Rebecca loved. Rebeca murders her sister to end up with the man and becomes the step mother/aunt of her sister's daughter Lucía. (Esmeralda Pimentel). Nora (Ximena Romo) (Lucia's half sister and daughter of Rebecca) resents Lucia for the same reasons Rebecca hated Adriana, as history repeats itself.
Adriana Murillo de Gaxiola (Ariadne Díaz) is married to Alonso Gaxiola (Horacio Pancheri), owner of a Talavera factory in Puebla. Magdalena (Ana Isabel Torre) and Rebeca (Michelle Renaud), sisters of Adriana, live with her sister and husband due to them being orphans. Alonso and Adriana have a solid and happy marriage, but are unaware of Rebeca's true envious nature, which she masks by being a "sweet angel". This facade does not fool Magdalena, who suspects Rebeca's true nature.
Rebeca has always been secretly in love with Alonso, and therefore harbors envious feelings towards her sister; that feeling becomes hatred upon learning that Adriana will soon become a mother. Rebecca's wicked nature extends to her sister Magdalena, who was responsible that Magdalena was left at the altar. Because of this, Magdalena develops depression and is helpless in uncovering Rebeca's secret.
Soon, Adriana discovers all of Rebeca's secrets and kicks her out of their house. However, they get into an argument which ends with the balcony railing snapping and causing Adriana to fall from the second floor, hitting her head on the glass table below.
Tragically, Adriana loses her life, but miraculously her daughter survives and is named Lucía, after Adriana's mother.
It's been 24 years since the tragic accident. Rebeca (Claudia Ramírez) and Alonso (René Strickler) are married and are the parents of their daughter, Nora (Ximena Romo), an unbalanced, envious and selfish girl, who has always felt less than her sister and wants everything she has. In addition Rebeca, more than an aunt, has been a mother for Lucía (Esmeralda Pimentel), although secretly hates her as she considers Lucía to be the living proof of the great love that there once was between her sister Adriana and Alonso. This frustration leads Rebeca to have thousands of lovers, one of them is Féderico Valdivia Fuentes (Alfonso Dosal), a man much younger than her, and who is so obsessed with Rebeca so much that commits suicide in front of her when she breaks up with him.
Lucía is a young, noble and sweet girl of good feelings that is about to marry Rodrigo Zúñiga (Mariano Palacios), her boyfriend of most of her life. However, she finds out her sister, Nora, is sleeping with Rodrigo after he leaves Lucia planted in the altar. This causes Lucía to fall into a brief depression.
Féderico's brother, Marcelo Escalante Fuentes, (Erick Elías) arrives in Puebla to take revenge on the woman who lead to his brother's death, but is surprised to learn that the woman he seeks, Adriana Murillo, died 24 years ago. This leads him to delve into the Gaxiola-Murillo family and there he meets Lucía, who he falls in love with, not knowing she is the niece of Rebeca, the woman he seeks and for which his half-brother committed suicide, but things will not be so easy for Marcelo since Lucía does not want to know anything about love after the trauma she experienced on her wedding day.
He gets Lucía to fall in love with him and for reasons of destiny they are separated again but will fight to be together forever and overcome each obstacle (especially those imposed by Nora and Rebecca) to consolidate their love.
The telenovela began its production in Puebla on February 4, 2014. For the beginning only the following actors were present: Erick Elías, Esmeralda Pimentel, Eduardo España, Ariadne Díaz, Eugenia Cauduro, René Strickler and Claudia Ramírez.
For the development of the telenovela producers decided to set the novel in a province of Mexico City, to show the entire world the beautiful landscapes and localities of Mexico, since Puebla is considered a small Mexican Hollywood.
The telenovela premiered on March 17, 2014 replacing De que te quiero, te quiero. During the premiere, The Color of Passion had recorded 15.5 rating points. On August 31, 2014, it surpassed 22.8 rating points in the final.
|Season||Timeslot (ET/PT)||Episodes||First aired||Last aired|
|1||Mon–Fri 6:20pm||121 ||March 17, 2014||15.5||August 31, 2014||22.8|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2015||33rd TVyNovelas Awards and
Favoritos del público
|Best Telenovela of the Year||El color de la pasión||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Esmeralda Pimentel||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Erick Elías||Nominated|
|Best Antagonist Actress||Claudia Ramírez||Nominated|
|Best Leading Actress||Helena Rojo||Nominated|
|Best Co-star Actress||Eugenia Cauduro||Nominated|
|Best Co-lead Actor||Pablo Valentín||Nominated|
|Best Young Lead Actress||Michelle Renaud||Nominated|
|Best Musical Theme||"Hoy es un buen día" by Río Roma||Nominated|
|Favorite couple||Esmeralda Pimentel and Erick Elías||Nominated|
|Slap favorite||Eugenia Cauduro and Claudia Ramírez||Nominated|
|Ximena Romo and Claudia Ramírez||Nominated|
|Best Kiss||Esmeralda Pimentel and Erick Elías||Nominated|
|Best Smile||Esmeralda Pimentel||Nominated|
|The Most Handsome||Erick Elías||Nominated|
|The Prettiest||Esmeralda Pimentel||Nominated|
|Favorite Final||El color de la pasión||Nominated|
- "The Color of Passion". televisainternacional. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- Maxine Woodside. "Gómez Fernández inicia "Pasión de amor", se suspende "Madre sustituta"" (in Spanish). Grupo Fórmula. Archived from the original on October 16, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Telenovela "El Color de la Pasión" inicia grabaciones en Puebla" (in Spanish). Diario El Milenio. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Maxine Woodside. "Sería Claudia Ramírez villana en "Pasión de Amor"" (in Spanish). Grupo Radio Fórmula. Archived from the original on October 16, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Notimex. "Moisés Arizmendi debutará como villano en "El color de la pasión"" (in Spanish). Grupo Radio Fórmula. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Conoce la historia de El Color de la Pasión". univision.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Sinopsis telenovela El color de la pasión". dechismes.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Palma, Marie. "Resumen y detalles del gran final de El color de la pasión". entretenimiento.starmedia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Telenovela "El color de la pasión" inicia grabaciones en Puebla". milenio.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Zuribi, Ray. "Graban en Puebla la telenovela El Color de la Pasión". e-consulta.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Fernanda G. Mencos. "Detalles de la nueva telenovela de Televisa, El color de la pasión" (in Spanish). starMedia. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Flor Rubio. "Registra 15.5 puntos de rating "El color de la pasión"" (in Spanish). Grupo Fórmula. Archived from the original on October 21, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Flor Rubio. "Final de "El color de la pasión" registró alto rating" (in Spanish). Grupo Fórmula. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Erika Hinojosa. "¡Este domingo, gran final de El color de la pasión!" (in Spanish). Televisa. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- Erika Hinojosa. "Capítulo 120, 29 de agosto, ¡Mario se entera que Amador mató a Ligia!" (in Spanish). Televisa. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "Ratings Prime Time EE UU 09/06 - Nielsen Overnight Affiliates / Average Viewers". twitter.com. PRODUnews. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- ""El Color de la Pasión" es única, así se vivió el estreno por Univision". univision.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Lista de Nominados Favoritos del Público - Premios TVyNovelas 2015" (in Spanish). Más telenovelas. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- Novelalounge. "Premios TVyNovelas 2015: Lista Completa De Nominados" (in Spanish). Retrieved February 24, 2015.