The Colne Community School and College
The Colne Community School and College is a secondary school and sixth form with academy status located in Brightlingsea, Essex, England. The school is an inclusive, comprehensive provider that achieved academy status in 2011 and founded the Thrive Partnership along with the Philip Morant School and College. In 2018 the Thrive Partnership was dissolved and the Colne joined the Sigma Trust.
|The Colne Community School & College|
|Department for Education URN||137429 Tables|
|Chair||Mr Steve McGrath|
|Age||11 to 18|
- Founded on 24 May 1937 as Brightlingsea Senior School
- Changed name in 1943 to Brightlingsea Secondary Modern School
- Changed name in 1957 to Brightlingsea County Secondary School
- Changed name in 1974 to Colne High School
- Changed name in 1991 to Colne School
- Changed name in 1994 to Colne Community School
- Changed name in 2008 to The Colne Community School and College
The Colne Community School's AstroTurf pitch was officially opened by The Princess Anne on 25 February 2003. The campus contains Brightlingsea Sports Centre which is used by members of the public and students. This includes tennis, basketball and netball courts.
- "A Brief History". Colne Community School. Retrieved 8 January 2008.
- "Under-fire schools to be taken over by new trust". Gazette. Archived from the original on 29 July 2018. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Court Circular". The Times. London. 26 February 2003. Retrieved 9 January 2008.[dead link]