The Canterbury Academy
The Canterbury Academy is a co-educational 11-19 academy school in Canterbury, Kent, England. It is a specialist Sports College and 15% of its 1081 pupils are selected on musical aptitude. The school was founded as a non-selective secondary modern foundation school before gaining academy status in 2010.
|The Canterbury Academy|
|Department for Education URN||136302 Tables|
|Age||11 to 19|
The school is on the London Road estate in the southwest of the city. The high school and primary school are collectively known as The Canterbury Campus.
The Canterbury Adult Education Centre is now on the same site.
In each year between 2003-6 the school was in the top 2% of all schools in England and Wales as measured by Contextualised Value Added. In 2007, 72% of GCSE students received at least 5 A*-C grades, compared to 29% in 2002.
- Academy conversion information letter, Ofsted
- "About The School". The Canterbury High School. 2007. Archived from the original on February 3, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The Canterbury High School". DCSF. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Welcome To The Canterbury Campus". The Canterbury Campus. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Kent Adult Education - Canterbury". Kent County Council. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The Canterbury High School". DCSF. Retrieved 2009-08-28.