The Big Day (1960 film)
The Big Day is a 1960 British drama film directed by Peter Graham Scott and starring Donald Pleasence, Andrée Melly and Colin Gordon. The big day approaches when a business boss must choose between three prospective candidates for a job.
|The Big Day|
|Directed by||Peter Graham Scott|
|Produced by||Arthur Alcott |
|Written by||Bill MacIlwraith|
|Starring||Donald Pleasence |
|Music by||Clifton Parker|
|Edited by||Peter Taylor|
|Distributed by||Bryanston Films (UK)|
- Donald Pleasence as Victor Partridge
- Andrée Melly as Nina Wentworth
- Colin Gordon as George Baker
- Harry H. Corbett as Harry Jackson
- William Franklyn as Mr. T. Selkirk
- Susan Shaw as Phyllis Selkirk
- Molly Urquhart as Mrs. Deeping - Baker's secretary
- Betty Marsden as Mabel Jackson
- Freda Bamford as Betty Partridge
- Marianne Stone as Madge Delaney
- Roddy McMillan as Bob
- Timothy Bateson as Clerk
- Anthony Bate as Driver
- Derek Briggs as Mechanic
- Petrie, Duncan James (2017). "Bryanston Films : An Experiment in Cooperative Independent Production and Distribution" (PDF). Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television: 7. ISSN 1465-3451.
- Chibnall & McFarlane p.253
- "The Big Day (1960)". BFI.
- Chibnall, Steve & McFarlane, Brian. The British 'B' Film. Palgrave MacMillan, 2009.