The Bellman (film)
The Bellman (French: Sortilèges) is a 1945 French drama film directed by Christian-Jaque and starring Fernand Ledoux, Renée Faure and Madeleine Robinson. The film portrays a village haunted by superstition and fears.
|Written by||Claude Boncompain (novel) |
|Starring||Fernand Ledoux |
|Music by||Henri Verdun|
|5 December 1945|
The film was popular and recorded admissions in France of 2,552,165.
- Fernand Ledoux as Fabret, le 'lièvre'
- Renée Faure as Catherine Fabret
- Madeleine Robinson as Marthe
- Roger Pigaut as Pierre
- Georges Tourreil as Le brigadier
- Léonce Corne as Le cordonnier
- Marcel Pérès as Le villageois
- Jacques Butin
- Léon Larive
- Pierre Labry as L'idiot du village
- Sinoël as La grand-mère
- Lucien Coëdel as Jean-Baptiste, le campanier
- Michel Piccoli as Un villageois
- Butler p.81
- French box office results for 1945 at Box Office Story
- Butler, Margaret. Film and Community in Britain and France: From La Règle Du Jeu to Room at the Top. I.B.Tauris, 2004.