The Beatles 1964 world tour was the Beatles' first world tour, launched after their 1964 UK tour. The reception was enthusiastic, with The Spectator describing it as "hysterical". It was followed by their subsequent North American tour in August that year.
|Tour by the Beatles|
|Start date||4 June 1964|
|End date||16 August 1964|
|No. of shows||30|
|the Beatles concert chronology|
|4 June 1964*||Copenhagen||Denmark||K.B. Hallen|
|5 June 1964*||Hillegom||Netherlands||Treslong. TV appearance for VARA.|
|6 June 1964*||Amsterdam||Roundtrip through the canals|
|6 June 1964*||Blokker||Veilinghallen|
|10 June 1964*||Hong Kong||Hong Kong||Princess Theatre|
|12 June 1964*||Adelaide||Australia||Centennial Hall|
|13 June 1964*|
|15 June 1964||Melbourne||Festival Hall|
|16 June 1964|
|17 June 1964|
|18 June 1964||Sydney||Sydney Stadium|
|19 June 1964|
|20 June 1964|
|22 June 1964||Wellington||New Zealand||Wellington Town Hall|
|23 June 1964|
|24 June 1964||Auckland||Auckland Town Hall|
|25 June 1964|
|26 June 1964||Dunedin||Dunedin Town Hall|
|27 June 1964||Christchurch||Majestic Theatre|
|29 June 1964||Brisbane||Australia||Brisbane Festival Hall|
|30 June 1964|
|12 July 1964||Brighton||England||Hippodrome Theatre|
|19 July 1964||Blackpool||ABC Cinema|
|23 July 1964||London||London Palladium|
|26 July 1964||Blackpool||Blackpool Opera House|
|28 July 1964||Stockholm||Sweden||Johanneshovs Isstadion|
|29 July 1964|
|2 August 1964||Bournemouth||England||Gaumont|
|9 August 1964||Scarborough||Futurist Theatre|
|16 August 1964||Blackpool||Blackpool Opera House|
* Note: As Ringo Starr was hospitalized in the UK, Jimmie Nicol was temporarily hired to stand in for Ringo as a drummer for the shows from 4–13 June until Ringo rejoined the group in Melbourne.
Typical set listEdit
- "Twist and Shout" (John Lennon)
- "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (John Lennon and Paul McCartney)
- "I Saw Her Standing There" (Paul McCartney)
- "You Can't Do That" (John Lennon)
- "All My Loving" (Paul McCartney)
- "I Wanna Be Your Man" (Ringo Starr)
- "She Loves You" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison)
- "Till There Was You" (Paul McCartney)
- "Roll Over Beethoven" (George Harrison)
- "Can't Buy Me Love" (Paul McCartney)
- "This Boy" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison)
- "Long Tall Sally" (Paul McCartney)
- The Beatles tour New Zealand.
- "The Beatles Bible - Television: Treslong, Hillegom, Netherlands". 5 June 1964.
- On 5 June 1964 VARA organized a Beatles concert in Café Restaurant Treslong in Hillegom as part of their three day visit to the Netherlands as part of their world tour, which got a television registration. On 8 June 1964 a complete summary of the Beatles' visit to the Netherlands was broadcast.
The visualization of the three day visit showed:
* arrival at Schiphol Airport – young women wearing Volendam folk costumes welcoming, offering tulips and traditional Dutch hats.
* the concert at Treslong.
* a roundtrip by boat through the canals of Amsterdam. The Beatles visiting the red light district De Wallen was not shown.
* arrival at De Doelen Hotel in Amsterdam.
* the concert at the Veilinghallen in Blokker.
* Waving goodbye while entering an airplane at Schiphol Airport heading for the next destination Hongkong.
- "The Beatles in New Zealand". New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Archived from the original on 12 March 2008. Retrieved 2 April 2008.
- The Spectator, Volume 213, 1964
- Baker, Glenn A (1982). The Beatles Down Under: the 1964 Australia & New Zealand tour. Glebe, NSW Australia: Wild & Woolley.
- Baker, Glenn A (1985). The Beatles Down Under: the 1964 Australia & New Zealand tour (2 ed.). Ann Arbour, Michigan, USA: Pierian Press. ISBN 0-87650-186-2.
- Hutchins, Graham (2004). Eight Days a Week:the Beatles' tour of New Zealand 1964. Auckland, NZ: Exisle. ISBN 0-908988-55-9.