The Art of Grammar
The Art of Grammar (Greek: Τέχνη Γραμματική or (romanized) Téchnē Grammatikḗ) is a treatise on Greek grammar, attributed to Dionysius Thrax, who wrote in the 2nd century BC. It is the first work on grammar in Greek, and also the first concerning a Western language; it sought mainly to help speakers of Koine Greek understand the language of Homer and other great poets of the past.
- Greek Wikisource has original text related to this article: Τέχνη Γραμματική
- English Wikisource has original text related to this article: The grammar of Dionysios Thrax
- Art of Grammar in Greek on Bibliotheca Augustana
- The Grammar of Dionysios Thrax, translation by Thomas Davidson
- The Grammar of Dionysius Thrax, translation by Anthony Alcock