The Art Institute of Las Vegas
The Art Institute of Las Vegas – is a nonprofit institution owned and operated by Dream Center Education Holdings (DCEH), LLC, which offers programs in design, media arts, fashion and culinary arts.
The Art Institute of Las Vegas was founded in 1983 as The Interior Design Institute, and was later known as The Design Institute. It was renamed The Art Institute of Las Vegas in 2001 when it was purchased by Education Management Corporation, which was headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Ai-Las Vegas is part of a system of Art Institutes schools.
Located at 2350 Corporate Circle in Henderson, Nevada, The Art Institute of Las Vegas has been accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates, associate’s degrees, and bachelor's degrees.
ACICS was stripped of its power to accredit by the US Department of Education in September 2016, effectively placing The Art Institute of Las Vegas in the process of losing its accreditation.
In January 2019, ACICS sent a letter to Ai Las Vegas asking the school to show cause for why it should not take away its accreditation. 
The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Las Vegas (formerly the Culinary Institute of Las Vegas) is a division of The Art Institute of Las Vegas.
The Art Institute of Las Vegas is currently under heightened cash monitoring by the US Department of Education.
On March 7, 2019, the Art Institute of Las Vegas was sold, allowing it to stay open unlike the other Art Institute colleges that are closing, and is taking transfers from other Art Institute schools.
Bachelor of Science Programs
- Audio Production
- Culinary Management
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production
- Digital Photography
- Fashion & Retail Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Game Art & Design
- Graphic Design
- Media Arts & Animation
- Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
- Web Design & Interactive Media
Bachelor of Arts Programs
Associate of Science Programs
- Baking & Pastry
- Culinary Arts
- Drafting Technology with AutoCAD
Associate of Arts Programs
- Fashion Retailing
- Daniel Moore (October 18, 2017). "EDMC completes sale of schools to Dream Center". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- [dead link]
- Lauren Camera (September 22, 2016). "Education Department Strips Authority of Largest For-Profit Accreditor". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "Heightened Cash Monitoring". Federal Student Aid. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- "The Art Institute of Las Vegas". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 7, 2017.
- Wade, Carla (March 8, 2019). "Deal reached to keep Art Institute of Las Vegas open amid financial struggles". KTNV-TV. Retrieved March 8, 2019.