The Arbitrator (Israeli TV series)
The Arbitrator (2007) (Hebrew: הבורר, Ha-Borer) is an Israeli crime drama series. It tells the story of Nadav Feldman, a social worker who discovers that he was adopted and his real father is the head of a crime family.
|Also known as||'Ha-Borer'|
|Written by||Reshef Levy|
|Directed by||Shay Kanot|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|Original network||Hot Channel 3|
Cast and charactersEdit
- Baruch "The Arbitrator" Asulin (Moshe Ivgy) - the head of a crime family.
- Nadav Feldman (Yehuda Levi) - a social worker who finds out that Baruch is his biological father.
- Avi "The Spleen" Asulin (Shlomi Koriat) - Baruch's trigger happy son, who serves as the series' comic relief.
- Yigal "The Nazi" Mizrahi (Uri Gavriel) - Baruch's nemesis and formerly best friend.
- Amram "Bulldog" Hashbian (Yossef Abu Varda) - Baruch's friend and personal bodyguard.
- Gila Asulin (Hanna Azoulay-Hasfari) - Baruch's wife.
- Naomi "Spoon" Asulin (Lirit Balaban) - Baruch's baalat teshuva daughter, who also serves as a comic relief.
- Pavel and Nikola Kovlova (Michael Rozhetzky and Shalom Michaelshvili) - two henchmen who initially work for Baruch.
- Irena Kovlova (Ania Bukstein) - Pavel and Nikola's sister, who gets romantically involved with Nadav.
- Limor "Kuki" Goldman (Neta Garti) - Avi's mistress.
- Ron "The Persian" Hashbian (Tzion Baruch) - one of Baruch's henchmen.
- Menachem Madmoni (Uri Klausner) - a detective in charge of investigating Baruch's clan.
- Yossi Asulin (Shaul Mizrahi) - Baruch's brother and former partner in heading the family, cast away after becoming a drug addict and longing to return to his former glory.
- Oshrit Asulin (Dana Ivgy) - Yossi's daughter. (In real life, Dana is Moshe Ivgy's daughter.)
- Amos Faruki (Yaakov Cohen) - a veteran associate of Baruch, Yossi and Yigal.
- Itzik Sasa (Dror Geva) - Naomi's suitor and later husband.
- Shimi Angel (Igal Adika) - an acquaintance of the Asulin family, who has ambitions to become a contract killer.
- Idan Romi (Aviv Alush) - one of Baruch's henchmen.
- Nir (Yon Tumarkin) - sniper elite unit.
- Rabkin, Nathaniel (3 November 2011). "Jewish Mafia: 'Ha-Borer' Is the Israeli 'Sopranos'". Tablet Magazine. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Izikovich, Gili (26 October 2010). "Crime pays". Haaretz. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Burstein, Nathan (2007). "Halla replaces lasagna in 'HaBorer'". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The Arbitrator.|
|This Israeli television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|