The Amazing Nero Wolfe
The Amazing Nero Wolfe is a 1945 American radio drama series starring Francis X. Bushman as Rex Stout's fictional armchair detective Nero Wolfe. Broadcast July 17–November 30, 1945, the series was created by the Don Lee Network, a California affiliate of the Mutual Broadcasting System, and may have been broadcast only in that region. The Amazing Nero Wolfe was based on Stout's principal characters but not his stories.
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Syndicates||Mutual Broadcasting System (Don Lee Network)|
|Created by||Rex Stout|
|Written by||Louis Vittes|
|Directed by||Travis Wells|
|Produced by||Travis Wells|
|Original release||July 17, 1945 – November 30, 1945|
|No. of episodes||21|
The Amazing Nero Wolfe starred Francis X. Bushman as Rex Stout's fictional detective genius Nero Wolfe. Wolfe's legman Archie Goodwin was played by Elliott Lewis and Charles Victor. Broadcast July 17–November 30, 1945, The Amazing Nero Wolfe was a product of the Don Lee Network, a California affiliate of the Mutual Broadcasting System. The weekly series may have been broadcast only in that region.
The series was produced and directed by Travis Wells and announced by Jim Bannon.
Louis Vittes wrote the scripts for the 30-minute program. Vittes had written the previous ABC radio series, The Adventures of Nero Wolfe (1943–44), which was based on Stout's principal characters but not his stories.
- "The Nero Wolfe Programs". The Digital Deli Too. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
- "In Harness Again! Silient Movie Idol Francis X. Bushman Has New Air Role Portraying Nero Wolfe" (PDF). Radio Life. 12 (3): 26–27. September 23, 1945. Retrieved 2015-04-16.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio. New York: Oxford University Press. p. 10. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3.
- McAleer, John J. (1977). Rex Stout: A Biography. Boston: Little, Brown and Company. p. 324. ISBN 9780316553407.
- "The Amazing Nero Wolfe". RadioGOLDINdex. Retrieved 2015-04-19.