The 2000s (miniseries)
The 2000s is a documentary miniseries which premiered on July 8, 2018 on CNN. Produced by Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman's studio Playtone, the 7-part series chronicles events and popular culture of the United States during the 2000's. It served as a follow-up to the predecessors The Sixties, The Seventies, The Eighties, and The Nineties. CNN greenlit the series in May 2016.
|Theme music composer||Blake Neely|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Executive producer(s)||Tom Hanks|
|Running time||60 minutes|
Herzog & Company
|Original release||July 8 –|
August 19, 2018
|Preceded by||The Nineties|
|Followed by||The Movies|
|Episode||Title||Scheduled air date||US viewers|
|1||"The Platinum Age of Television"||July 8, 2018||0.835|
|Television in the United States during the 2000s, including HBO's The Sopranos, Six Feet Under and Entourage, reality television, mockumentary-style sitcoms such as The Office, the creative renaissance, Dexter, and AMC's notable entries into original programming with Mad Men and Breaking Bad.|
|2||"Mission Accomplished"||July 15, 2018||0.675|
|The election of George W. Bush, Terrorism in the United States during the 2000s, including the September 11 attacks and the launch of the War on Terror.|
|3||"Quagmire: Bush's Second Term"||July 22, 2018||0.736|
|George W. Bush's second term as president, including the Iraqi insurgency, Hurricane Katrina, and the incoming Great Recession.|
|4||"The I Decade"||July 29, 2018||0.684|
|Technology in the 2000s, including the Dot-com bubble, the rise of Google, Apple's further growth, smartphones, and "Web 2.0" services and social networks (such as Friendster, Myspace, YouTube, and Facebook).|
|5||"The Financial Crisis"||August 5, 2018||0.638|
|The financial crisis that threatened the global economy in the 2000s.|
|6||"Yes We Can"||August 12, 2018||0.789|
|The campaign and election of Barack Obama.|
|7||"I Want My MP3"||August 19, 2018||0.692|
|Music of the 2000s, the shift to digital distribution.|
- Steinberg, Brian (2016-05-18). "CNN Greenlights 'The Nineties' and Series on Comedy, Music". Variety. Retrieved 2019-07-04.
- "CNN Original Series, "The 2000s," Premieres Sunday, July 8". CNN. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Journal, Tim Clodfelter Winston-Salem. "TV Tidbits: CNN looks at the TV shows that defined the 2000s". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 8". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 15". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 22". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, July 29". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, Aug. 5". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, Aug. 12". TVNewser.
- "Scoreboard: Sunday, Aug. 19". TVNewser.