TheJournal.ie is an internet publication in Ireland. It was a mixture of original and aggregated content, before moving to entirely original content. The website was founded in early 2010 and is owned by Distilled Media.
|Associate editor||Christine Bohan|
|Sports editor||Adrian Russell|
|Staff writers||20 news department staff |
|Circulation||750,000 Monthly Unique Users (Dec 2011)|
TheJournal.ie produces 70 original pieces of content per day. The website is divided into four components: TheJournal.ie itself for Irish and international news and opinion; Business ETC for business news; The 42 for sports news; and The Daily Edge for entertainment and gossip.
TheJournal.ie won three Eircom Spider Awards—Best News Site, the Digital Editor Award, and the Grand Prix Award for Best Overall Site. It also won two Irish Web Awards—Best Online Publication and Grand Prix for Best Website. In addition, it won the award for Best Media/Publishing App at the Appy Awards.
- Software developer job advertisement Adverts.ie.
- Siobhán, O'Connell (9 September 2010). "Copycat news site set to feed in chat and reaction". The Irish Times.
- "Distilled Media".
- "Student Loans". New Tech Post.
- "New editor for TheJournal.ie". Business & Leadership. 13 May 2011.
- "AOP Member Profiles".
- "Irishtimes.com wins best publication at Irish web awards". The Irish Times.
- "Digital and Social Media Marketing Training". SocialMedia.ie.