|Founder||Diana Gribble and Eric Beecher|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Distribution||Penguin Random House (Australia)|
Consortium Book Sales & Distribution (North America)
Turnaround Publisher Services (Europe, Middle East)
|Publication types||Books, journals|
Text was founded in Melbourne in the early 1990s by Diana Gribble and Eric Beecher. When parent company Text Media was taken over by Fairfax Media in 2004, Michael Heyward and his wife Penny Heuston entered into a joint venture with Scottish publisher Canongate. Maureen and Tony Wheeler, founders of Lonely Planet, bought Canongate's share in Text in 2011. As of August, 2017, Heyward was the publisher/CEO.
- "Text Publishing". Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- "Text Publishing". textpublishing.com.au.
- "A very passionate Text life", Age, 7 August 2004.
- "Wheelers, dealers and Melburnians". The Age. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Text Publishing". textclassics.com.au.
- "Classics going to waste", Age, 22 January 2012.