Texas State Highway 132
State Highway 132 or SH 132 is a state highway in Texas, United States, running 12.71 miles (20.45 km) between Devine and Lytle. It follows a former alignment of U.S. Highway 81 (US 81), which was bypassed by the parallel Interstate 35 (I‑35). SH 132 was established in 1991, when US 81 was truncated to Fort Worth.
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length||12.71 mi (20.45 km)|
|Southwest end||I-35 near Devine|
|SH 173 in Devine|
|Northeast end||I-35 near Lytle|
SH 132 begins at I‑35 exit 121, southwest of Devine. The highway runs through the town as Teel Drive, where it intersects SH 173 and begins an overlap with FM 463. The concurrency with FM 463 ends just northeast of Medina County Road 772. SH 132 enters the town of Natalia where it has a short overlap with FM 471; in Natalia, the highway is known as 2nd Street. After leaving the city limits of Natalia, SH 132 crosses into Atascosa County. The highway enters the town of Lytle where it is known as Main Street. SH 132 has a brief overlap with FM 2790 before entering Bexar County and ending at I‑35 exit 133.
SH 132 was originally proposed on April 25, 1928, as a route from Livingston to Liberty. On September 22, 1932, this route became a portion of SH 146 (which was extended from Dayton to Cleveland on August 3 of that year, but there was a lack of funding, but this road was restored as SH 321 on October 30, 1939).
|Medina||||0.0||0.0||I-35 – Pearsall||I‑35 exit 121|
|Devine||1.8||2.9||SH 173 – Hondo, Jourdanton|
|2.9||4.7||FM 463 south (Colonial Parkway)||South end of FM 463 overlap|
|||3.8||6.1||FM 463 north||North end of FM 463 overlap|
|Natalia||6.1||9.8||FM 471 north – Castroville||South end of FM 471 overlap|
|6.5||10.5||FM 471 south||North end of FM 471 overlap|
|Atascosa||Lytle||10.7||17.2||FM 2790 north – La Coste||South end of FM 2790 overlap|
|11.5||18.5||FM 2790 south – Somerset||North end of FM 2790 overlap|
|Bexar||12.7||20.4||I-35 north – San Antonio||I‑35 exit 133|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "State Highway No. 132". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- Google (July 12, 2017). "Overview Map of SH 132" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003676991.pdf. Missing or empty
- Official Map of the Highway System of Texas (Map) (1928/1929 ed.). Texas State Highway Department. Archived from the original on May 10, 2012. Retrieved August 18, 2011.
- (PDF) https://publicdocs.txdot.gov/minord/MinuteOrderDocLib/003673819.pdf. Missing or empty
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "U.S. Highway No. 81". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 4, 2016.