Location of Teuva in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Erkki Nevanperä|
|• Total||556.05 km2 (214.69 sq mi)|
|• Land||554.66 km2 (214.16 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.35 km2 (0.52 sq mi)|
|Area rank||154th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||166th largest in Finland|
|• Density||9.31/km2 (24.1/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.8%|
|• 15 to 64||60.2%|
|• 65 or older||25%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.5%|
It is located in the South Ostrobothnia region. The population of Teuva is 5,166 (31 January 2019) and the municipality covers an area of 554.66 km2 (214.16 sq mi) of which 1.35 km2 (0.52 sq mi) is inland water (1 January 2018). The population density is 9.31/km2 (24.1/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
In August 2010, more than fifty pocket-sized saunas were gathered on a lakeside within Teuva for the fifth annual Mobile Sauna Festival. Some six-thousand visitors attended the festival, doubling the population of Teuva for the weekend.
- Antti Rajamäki, sprinter
- Aulis Ranta-Muotio, politician
- Elonkerjuu, rock band
- Helge Saarikoski, politician and Member of Parliament
- Jorma Mattinen, professor and rector at the Åbo Akademi University from 2005-2014
- Jukka Rauhala, Olympic wrestler
- Lauri Ingman, theologian, bishop, politician and twice Prime Minister of Finland
- Mirjam Tuokkola, archer
- Nicole, a band
- Oiva Ketonen, philosopher, writer, academic and professor
- Otto Syreeni, businessman
- Pauli Nevala, javelin thrower
- Severi Savonen, professor
- Simo Korpela, poet and priest
- Roppal, also known as Riskipiiku, professional Osu! player
Fictional individuals from TeuvaEdit
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Mobile Sauna Festival in Teuva, Finland". the Guardian. 2010-08-10. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- POV. "Finlands Mobile Sauna Festival | Steam of Life | POV | PBS". Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Tulevaisuus Teuvalla". www.teuva.fi. Archived from the original on 2016-08-14. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Äystö - Valoisa yrittäjäkylä | Äystö". www.aysto.fi. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Tsiisus Nieminen". Retrieved 2016-07-21.
Media related to Teuva at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Teuva – Official website
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|