Terry Beatty (born January 11, 1958) is an artist who has worked as a penciler and inker in the American comic book industry, where he is perhaps best known for his co-creation the female detective Ms. Tree.
Beatty (right) in 1982
|Born||January 11, 1958|
Rex Morgan, M.D.
|Collaborators||Max Allan Collins|
Terry Beatty is the artist and co-creator (with Max Allan Collins) of the long-running private eye series, Ms. Tree. Collaborations with Collins also include Mike Mist, Mickey Spillane's Mike Danger and Johnny Dynamite.
As of December 30, 2013, Beatty became the new artist for the King Features comic strip, Rex Morgan, M.D., taking over from Graham Nolan. On March 21, 2016 King Features Syndicate announced that Beatty would take on the writing of Rex Morgan, M.D. as well, replacing Woody Wilson.
Beatty's cover paintings appear regularly on Scary Monsters magazine, as well as its spin-off Monster Memories annual. He is also an accomplished sculptor.
- isfdb Terry Beatty - Summary Bibliography Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- Comics Buyer's Guide #1650; February 2009; Page 107
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Archived from the original on October 30, 2010.
- "Terry Beatty's First Phantom Strip!". ChronicleChamber.com. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "Graham Nolan passes Rex Morgan MD torch to Terry Beatty The Daily Cartoonist". dailycartoonist.com. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Tea (2016-03-21). "Editor's Dispatch: Big News, Evil Twins, and Easter Eggs!". Comics Kingdom. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "terry art". www.terrybeatty.com. Retrieved 2015-11-20.