Terror Beneath the Sea
Terror Beneath the Sea (Japanese: 海底大戦争, Hepburn: Kaitei Daisensō, lit. 'The Great Undersea War')[a] is a 1966 science fiction horror film directed by Hajime Sato. An international co-production of Japan and the United States, it stars Sonny Chiba, Peggy Neal, Franz Gruber, Andrew Hughes, Tadashi Suganuma, and Hideo Murota.
|Terror Beneath the Sea|
|Directed by||Hajime Sato|
|Screenplay by||Kōichi Ōtsu|
|Produced by||Koji Kameda|
|Edited by||Tomio Soda|
|Music by||Shunsuke Kikuchi|
|84 minutes (Japan)|
79 minutes (U.S.)
This article needs an improved plot summary. (July 2021)
A group of surface-dwelling people stumbles upon an underwater city ruled by an amphibious mad scientist.
- Sonny Chiba as Ken Abe
- Peggy Neal as Jenny Gleason
- Franz Gruber as Lieutenant Colonel Brown
- Andrew Hughes as Professor Howard
- Tadashi Suganuma as Nishida
- Hideo Murota as Navy Base Engineer A
- Osamu Yamanouchi as Navy Base Engineer B
- Ichiro Mizuki as Navy Base Engineer D
- Beverly Kahler as Luisa
- Mike Daneen as Dr. Josef Heim
- Enver Altenbay as Reporter A
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2021)
Terror Beneath the Sea was released in Japan on 1 July 1966. The film did not receive a theatrical release in the United States, instead being released directly to television by Teleworld.
- also known as Water Cyborg, Agent X-2: Operation Underwater, and Battle Beneath the Sea
- Dr. Ishii (1997). 日本特撮・幻想映画全集. Tokyo: Keibunsha. p. 172. ISBN 4766927060.
- Desjardins, Chris (2005). Outlaw Masters of Japanese Film. I.B.Tauris. p. 53. ISBN 978-1-84511-090-1.
- "映画 海底大戦争 (1966)について 映画データベース". Allcinema. Retrieved July 10, 2021.
- "海底大戦争 : 作品情報". Eiga.com (in Japanese). Retrieved July 10, 2021.