Terrible Herbst headquarters
|Headquarters||3440 W Russell Rd, Paradise, Nevada, U.S.|
|Jerry Herbst (CEO)|
The company's roots go back to a single Chicago, Illinois, gas station in 1938. Founded by Jerry Herbst in 1959, the company is run by his sons, Tim, Troy, and Ed Herbst. The company's headquarters is located across the street from Allegiant Stadium. Its stations are typically of the Chevron brand.
Herbst Gaming was a slot route operator and casino company owned by Jerry Herbst's three sons. It was formed in 1987 to service slot machines in the Terrible Herbst stores. In 1997, it began opening and acquiring full-fledged casinos, many of which were branded as Terrible's casinos. The company went into Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009, and the Herbst family gave up its ownership stake. Herbst Gaming subsequently changed its name to Affinity Gaming and dropped its use of the Terrible's name.
JETT Gaming is a slot route operator and casino company formed by Jerry Herbst in 2011, after the family lost its ownership of Herbst Gaming. In 2012, JETT bought out the slot route contracts for Terrible Herbst stores from the former Herbst Gaming, and also acquired the Terrible's casino in Searchlight, Nevada. In 2015, JETT bought the Gold Strike Hotel and Gambling Hall in Jean, Nevada from MGM Resorts International for $12 million; the property was later rebranded as Terrible's Hotel & Casino. The company also acquired a second casino in Searchlight, the Searchlight Nugget, in 2015.
Terrible Herbst MotorsportsEdit
- Benston, Liz (April 16, 2007). "Herbst family looks south". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved September 9, 2011.
- Stutz, Howard (March 23, 2007). "Commission likes Terrible ideas for Primm properties". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on October 24, 2012.
- "New slot route business gets control board's backing". Las Vegas Review-Journal. May 5, 2011 – via NewsBank.
- Cy Ryan (February 24, 2012). "Herbst approved to buy slot route, Terrible's Searchlight casino". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "Affinity Gaming announces closings of its sale of its slot route and Pahrump and Searchlight casinos, and acquisition of Golden Casino real estate in Black Hawk, Colorado" (Press release). Affinity Gaming. March 1, 2012. Retrieved 2019-03-08 – via BusinessWire.
- Form 10-K: Annual Report (Report). MGM Resorts International. February 29, 2016. p. 78 – via EDGAR.
- Richard N. Velotta (April 23, 2015). "Gaming regulators OK sale of Gold Strike to Herbst family". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- Wade Tyler Millward (October 16, 2018). "Gold Strike hotel-casino in Jean to be rebranded as Terrible's". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- Howard Stutz (June 25, 2015). "JETT Gaming's takeover of Searchlight Nugget approved". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2019-03-08.
- "Herbst hoping to start New Year with win". Retrieved 2007-04-10.
- "Terrible Herbst Motorsports Wins SCORE Las Vegas Terrible's Cup II Pit Crew Challenge". Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Terrible Herbst Motorsports wins Pit Crew Challenge again With record effort to start SCORE Las Vegas Terrible's Cup II". Retrieved 2007-03-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Terrible Herbst.|