Tere Sheher Mein
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tere Sheher Mein is an Indian television drama show, which premiered on 2 March 2015 and aired on Star Plus It went off air on 14 November 2015. The show starred Hiba Nawab, Rafi Malik, Anjum Fakih, Gautami Kapoor, Isha Mishra, Sana Amin Sheikh, Kinshuk Mahajan and S M Zaheer. It was produced by Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut Productions. Some early episodes of the show were shot in Paris and Mumbai. The show was set in Varanasi.
|Tere Sheher Mein|
|Created by||Director's Kut Productions|
|Story by||Sonali Jaffer |
|Directed by||Pradeep Gupta|
|Starring||Hiba Nawab |
Sana Amin Sheikh
S M Zaheer
|Music by||Paresh Shah|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||222|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai |
|Running time||22 Minutes|
|Production company(s)||Director's Kut Productions|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||560i (SDTV) |
|Original release||March 2– November 14, 2015|
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Amaya Mathur (Hiba Nawab) is the pampered daughter of Rishi Mathur (Sachin Tyagi), a business tycoon. She lives happily in Paris. Rishi, his wife, Sneha (Gautami Kapoor), and her two daughters, Rachita (Anjum Fakih) and Jasmine (Isha Mishra) live in Mumbai. Amaya's father has fulfilled her every wish since childhood, so she doesn't see the value of money. Rachita gets engaged to Rohan Grehwal (Neeraj Malviya) and everyone is excited for the wedding. Soon after the engagement, Rishi becomes bankrupt, but he doesn't reveal this to his family as he doesn't want them to be stressed. Due to this stress and crisis, Rishi commits suicide. Rishi's death changes the Mathurs' lives completely. They lose all their property in Mumbai and Paris and Rachita's engagement is broken. Rishi is stamped as a fraud in the media. The family faces a shortage of money and moves back to Banaras, their hometown. Sneha and Amaya struggle to settle in Banaras at first, but learn to accept their new home.
Meanwhile, Mantu (Dhruv Bhandari), a charming tourist guide in Banaras, lives with his younger brother Chiklu (Arsh Khan). Uma (Mirnal Kaur) is Mantu's best friend, but she secretly loves him and aspires to marry him. Rishi's friend Hari (Iqbal Azad) is put in jail due to Rishi's bankruptcy crisis. Hari's son, Rudra, hates the Mathurs for keeping his father away from his family, and he and his mother start creating problems for them without their knowledge.
Meanwhile, Rachita befriends Ramashrey (Rafi Malik), a decent and calm boy who runs his father's grocery shop. Ramashrey develops feelings for Rachita. Amaya soon comes to know that she has a relative in Banaras: Gajanand Choubey, a well-known man in Banaras who is both her grandpa and Sneha's father. Gajanand dislikes the Mathurs as Sneha and Rishi married against Gajanand's will. Later it is revealed that Rachita is the illegitimate child of Sneha and Dev Angnihotri (Bhupinder Singh), Sneha's ex-boyfriend. When Sneha and Dev decided to runaway to Mumbai, Dev ditched her. Rishi ran away with Sneha and gave Rachita his name. When Gajanand comes to know about this he accepts the Mathurs. Meanwhile, Rachita and Rama get engaged. One day, Amaya and Mantu save a young boy from goons. The goons threaten to kill Amaya, but Mantu risks his life to save her. Soon Amaya falls in love with him. Later, after some ups and downs, Mantu realizes that he loves Amaya as well and confesses it. Amaya, delighted, asks him to wait till her sister's wedding is over to get engaged.
Dev reveals the truth to Rama's mother, Sumitra, that Rachita is an illegitimate child. Sumitra soon makes a deal with Gajanand that if she lets the wedding go on he will have to give Sneha's house to him. Because of Sumitra's threatening to make public know the fact that Rachita is an illegitimate child and to stop the wedding, Amaya quickly marries Rama to get revenge on Sumitra, which she fails to do at last. Mantu is left heartbroken. He loves Amaya so much that he cannot bear to see her married to his friend who loves Rachita thus, he, Chiklu, and Uma move away from Banaras. Amaya is left heartbroken too, and everyone starts hating her.
Soon, Sumitra starts torturing Amaya. Rama's cousin's sister, Kangana (Sana Amin Sheikh), returns but this only makes matters worse for Amaya. Amaya finds out that it appears Kangana is a traditional girl during the day, but acts like a modern girl at night, going to parties under the name "Kanika". Later, it is revealed that Kanika actually is Kangana's long lost twin sister but Amaya still thinks that Kangana and Kanika are the same person but nobody believes her. When Amaya confronts Kangana, Kangana slaps her. Soon, Kangana has an accident because of Jasmine and Amaya takes the blame for her. Kangana recovers but Amaya comes to know that Kangana is suffering split personality disorder and needs an immediate operation. Even though Amaya sells all her jewellery, the funds still aren't enough for Kangana's treatment and Rama ends up taking part in a Kushti competition. He fights with a charming yet greedy and evil man named Tilak (Kinshuk Mahajan) in the competition. Tilak cheats in the competition but Amaya comes to know about it and reveals it and Rama is declared the winner. Slowly Amaya gets closer to Rama and they fall in love. Amaya's family accepts her after proving her father Rishi Mathur was framed and was all Dev's plan. Sneha hugs her to show acceptance. Her mother-in-law also accepts her after Kangana's treatment becomes successful. Mantu is shown dead, murdered by Tilak. The show ends on a happy note, Amaya and Rama remarries, and they live happily ever after.
- Hiba Nawab as Amaya Ramashrey Gupta: Sneha and Rishi's daughter, Jasmine's sister, Rachita's half-sister, Rama's wife, Mantu's ex-lover
- Dhruv Bhandari as Abhimanyu "Mantu" Srivastava: Amaya's ex-lover
- Rafi Malik as Ramashrey "Rama" Gupta: Rachita's ex-fiancè, Amaya's husband
- Gautami Kapoor as Sneha Rishi Mathur: Rishi's wife, Rachita, Amaya and Jasmine's mother, Dev's ex-girlfriend.
- Sachin Tyagi as Rishi Mathur: Sneha's husband, Amaya and Jasmine's father, Rachita's step-father.
- Anjum Fakih as Rachita Agnihotri: Sneha and Dev's daughter, Amaya and Jasmine's half-sister, Rama's ex-fiancèe.
- Sana Amin Sheikh as Kangana Gupta and Kanika Gupta: Kangana is Rama's cousin, while Kanika is Rama's second cousin and Kangana's twin sister.
- Isha Mishra as Jasmine "Jass" Mathur: Sneha and Rishi's daughter, Amaya's sister, Rachita's half-sister.
- Kinshuk Mahajan as Tilak.
- Mrinal Kaur as Uma: Mantu's girlfriend.
- S M Zaheer as Gajanan Choubey: Pushpa's husband, Sneha's father, Rachita, Amaya and Jasmine's nanaji.
- Aarya Dharmchand Kumar as Rudra Bharadwaj: Hari's son.
- Beena Banerjee as Pushpa Gajanan Choubey: Gajanan's wife, Sneha's mother, Rachita, Amaya and Jasmine's naniji.
- Abha Parmar as Rumjum Gupta.
- Sunita Shirole as Baa.
- Iqbal Azad as Hari Bhardwaj: Rishi's friend, Rudra's father.
- Arsh Khan as Chiklu Srivastava: Mantu's brother.
- Bhupinder Singh as Dev Agnihotri: Sneha's ex-boyfriend, Rachita's father.
- Neeraj Malviya as Rohan Grewaal: Rachita's ex-fiancè.
- Seema Raj as Mohini Gupta.
- Hina Khan as Akshara Naitik Singhania from the serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
- Deepika Singh as Sandhya Sooraj Rathi from the serial Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee as Gopi Ahem Modi from the serial Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
- Divyanka Tripathi as Ishita Raman Bhalla from the serial Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
- Rajshri Rani as Suhani Yuvraj Birla from the serial Suhani Si Ek Ladki.
|2015||Star Parivaar Awards||Favourite Stylish Sadasya - Female||Hiba Nawab||Won|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Male||Dhruv Bhandari, Rafi Malik||Won|
|Favourite Naya Sadasya - Female||Hiba Nawab||Nominated|
|Favourite Digital Sadasya - Female||Hiba Nawab||Nominated|