Tere Sheher Mein is an Indian television drama series which aired on Star Plus from 2 March 2015 to 14 November 2015. The show starred Hiba Nawab, Dhruv Bhandari, Anjum Fakih, Gautami Kapoor, Isha Mishra, Sana Amin Sheikh, Kinshuk Mahajan and S. M. Zaheer. It was produced by Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut Productions.
|Tere Sheher Mein|
|Story by||Sonali Jaffer |
|Directed by||Pradeep Gupta|
|Starring||Hiba Nawab |
|Music by||Paresh Shah|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||222|
|Production locations||Mumbai |
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Director's Kut Productions|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||560i (SDTV) |
|Original release||2 March –|
14 November 2015
Amaya Mathur (Hiba Nawab) is the pampered daughter of Rishi Mathur (Sachin Tyagi), a business tycoon. She lives happily in Paris. Rishi, his wife, Sneha (Gautami Kapoor), and her other two daughters, Rachita (Anjum Fakih) and Jasmine (Isha Mishra), live in Mumbai. Amaya's father has fulfilled her every wish since childhood, so she doesn't see the value of money. Soon as Rachita becomes engaged to Rohan Grewal (Neeraj Malviya), Rishi becomes bankrupt and commits suicide which changes the Mathurs' lives completely as they lose their property in Mumbai and Paris, and Rachita's engagement is broken. Rishi is stamped as a fraud in the media. The family faces a shortage of money and moves back to Banaras, their hometown. Sneha and Amaya struggle to settle in Banaras at first but learn to accept their new home.
Meanwhile, Mantu (Dhruv Bhandari), a tourist guide in Banaras, lives with his younger brother Chiklu (Arsh Khan). Uma (Mrinal Kaur) is Mantu's best friend, but she secretly loves him and aspires to marry him. Rishi's friend Hari (Iqbal Azad) is imprisoned due to Rishi's bankruptcy crisis. Hari's son, Rudra (Aarya Dharamchand Kumar), hates the Mathur's for keeping his father away from his family, and he and his mother start creating problems for them without their knowledge.
Meanwhile, Rachita befriends Ramashrey (Rafi Malik), who runs his father's grocery shop. Ramashrey develops feelings for Rachita. Amaya soon realises that she has a relative in Banaras: Gajanan Choubey (S. M. Zaheer), a well-known man in Banaras who is her grandfather. Gajanan dislikes the Mathur's as Sneha and Rishi married against Gajanan's will. Later it is revealed that Rachita is the illegitimate child of Sneha and Dev Agnihotri (Bhupinder Singh), Sneha's ex-boyfriend. When Sneha and Dev decided to run away to Mumbai, Dev ditched her. Rishi ran away with Sneha and gave Rachita his name. When Gajanan comes to know about this, he accepts the Mathurs. Meanwhile, Rachita and Rama get engaged. One day, Amaya and Mantu save a young boy from goons. The goons threaten to kill Amaya, but Mantu risks his life to save her. Soon Amaya falls in love with him. Later, after some ups and downs, Mantu realises that he loves Amaya and confesses it. Amaya, delighted, asks him to wait till her sister's wedding is over to get engaged.
Dev reveals the truth to Rama's mother, Sumitra, that Rachita is an illegitimate child. Sumitra soon makes a deal with Gajanan that if she lets the wedding go on, he will have to give Sneha's house to him. Because Sumitra threatens to inform the public that Rachita is an illegitimate child and to stop the wedding, Amaya quickly marries Rama to get revenge on Sumitra, which she fails to do at last. Mantu is left heartbroken. He loves Amaya so much that he cannot bear to see her married to his friend, who loves Rachita. Thus, he, Chiklu, and Uma move away from Banaras. Amaya is left heartbroken too, and everyone starts hating her.
Soon, Sumitra starts torturing Amaya as Rama's cousin's sister, Kangana (Sana Amin Sheikh), returns. Amaya finds out that Kangana is a traditional girl during the day but acts like a modern girl at night, going to parties under the name "Kanika". Later, it is revealed that Kanika actually is Kangana's long lost twin sister, but Amaya still thinks that Kangana and Kanika are the same people, but nobody believes her. Soon, Kangana has an accident because of Jasmine and Amaya takes the blame for her. Amaya is soon arrested by the police and imprisoned in jail. She is convicted for the accident and locked up in prison, but she manages to get bailed.
Kangana recovers, but Amaya realises that Kangana is suffering from a split personality disorder and needs an immediate operation. Even though Amaya sells all her jewellery, the funds still aren't enough for Kangana's treatment, and Rama ends up taking part in a wrestling competition. He fights with a charming yet greedy and evil man named Tilak (Kinshuk Mahajan) in the competition. Tilak cheats in the competition, but Amaya comes to know about it and reveals it, and Rama is declared the winner. Slowly Amaya gets closer to Rama, and they fall in love. Amaya's family accepts her after proving her father Rishi was framed and was all Dev's plan. Her mother-in-law also accepts her after Kangana's treatment becomes successful. Mantu is shown dead, murdered by Tilak. The show ends on a happy note as Amaya and Rama remarry and live happily ever after.
- Hiba Nawab as Amaya Mathur Gupta
- Dhruv Bhandari as Abhimanyu "Mantu" Srivastava, Amaya's former lover
- Rafi Malik as Ramashrey "Rama" Gupta, Amaya's husband
- Gautami Gadgil Kapoor as Sneha Choubey Mathur, Rachita, Amaya and Jasmine's mother
- Sachin Tyagi as Rishi Mathur, Amaya and Jasmine's father
- Anjum Fakih as Rachita Agnihotri, Amaya and Jasmine's half-sister
- Sana Amin Sheikh as Kangana Gupta/Kanika Gupta, Rama's cousins
- Isha Mishra as Jasmine "Jass" Mathur, Amaya's sister
- Kinshuk Mahajan as Tilak Rajawat
- Mrinal Kaur as Uma Kaushal, Mantu's friend
- S. M. Zaheer as Gajanan Choubey, Sneha's father
- Aarya Dharmchand Kumar as Rudra Bhardwaj, Hari's son
- Beena Banerjee as Pushpa Choubey, Sneha's mother
- Abha Parmar as Rumjum Gupta
- Sunita Shirole as Baa
- Iqbal Azad as Hari Bhardwaj, Rishi's friend
- Paritosh Sand as Advocate Shekhar Sinha
- Raymon Singh as Mrs. Singh
- Amit Behl as News Channel Editor
- Digvijay Purohit as Mr. Garewal, Rohan's father
- Mohit Chauhan as A.C.P. Bhagat
- Arsh Khan as Chintu "Chiklu" Srivastava, Mantu's brother
- Bhupinder Singh as Dev Agnihotri: Rachita's father
- Neeraj Malviya as Rohan Garewal: Rachita's ex-fiancé
- Seema Raj as Mohini Gupta
- Hina Khan as Akshara Maheshwari Singhania from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.
- Deepika Singh as Sandhya Kothari Rathi from Diya Aur Baati Hum.
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee as Gopi Kapadia Modi from Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.
- Divyanka Tripathi as Ishita Iyer Bhalla from Ye Hai Mohabbatein.
- Rajshri Rani as Suhani Srivastav Birla from Suhani Si Ek Ladki.
- Digangana Suryavanshi as Veera Singh from Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera
Special appearances in South Indian cinemaEdit
- Meka Srikanth as Rajesh Bonuri
- Chiranjeevi as Chiru
- Shah Rukh Khan
- Vijay Sethupathi
- Tara Sutaria
- Kriti Sanon
- Nithya Menen
- Riya Shukla
- Allu Aravind
- Raadhika Sarathkumar
- Sithara Ghattamaneni (daughter of Mahesh Babu)
- Gautham Ghattamaneni (son of Mahesh Babu)
- Shilpa Shetty
- Sundar C
- Mahat Raghavendra
- Nidhhi Agerwal
- Srushti Dange
- Erin Moriarty
- Upasana Kamineni
- Vidya Balan
- Ashish Vidyarthi
- Swetha Mohan
- Vishnu Vishal
- K. S. Ravikumar
- Sundeep Kishan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Allari Naresh
- Sai Pallavi
- Priya Bhavani Shankar
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Puneeth Rajkumar
- Hearty Singh
- Suraj Venjaramoodu
- Yogi Babu
- M. G. Sreekumar
- Vennela Kishore
- Pondy Ravi
- Lollu Sabha Balaji
- Lollu Sabha Jeeva
- Thambi Ramaiah
- Lollu Sabha Swaminathan
- Lollu Sabha Manohar
- Jangiri Madhumitha
- Miheeka Bajaj
- A. R. Rahman in a cameo appearance along with his son A. R. Ameen
- Kajal Aggarwal in a cameo appearance
- Tamannaah in a cameo appearance
- Rachita Ram and Nithya Ram are in special appearances as Rudhramadevi and Padmadevi
Initially Anjum Faikh auditioned for character Amaya, but did not get accepted due to her height and later got cast for Rachita.<ref"Meeting the Tere Sheher Mein girls". Rediff.com.</ref>
- "Star Plus' new serial 'Tere Sheher Mein' has an international touch".
- "Tere Sheher Mein to go off-air".
- "Hiba Nawab and Dhruv Bhandari play Tom & Jerry on TV!". Times Of India.
- Shaan again croons for TV show 'Tere Sheher Mein' - The Times of India
- Varma, Lipika (24 May 2015). "Sister act: TV show Tere Sheher Mein". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 20 May 2020.
- "Meet Television's Alia Bhatt, Tere Sheher Mein's Hiba Nawab". NDTV.
- "Dhruv Bhandari talks about his sudden exit from 'Tere Sheher Mein', says will be back on small screen soon". IB Times.
- "Rafi Malik: I am biased towards positive roles". Times Of India.
- New TV shows to roll in 2015 - Daily News & Analysis
- "Why has Uttar Pradesh become a favourite spot for TV shows?". Times Of India.
- "Dhruv Bhandari to make his comeback with Rajan Shahi's show". The Times of India.