Teraa Surroor (transl. Your Joy) is a 2016 Indian Hindi thriller film directed by Shawn Arranha and produced by Vipin Reshammiya and Sonia Kapoor. It is sequel to 2007 film Aap Kaa Surroor. The film was a joint production of T-Series and HR Musik Limited. The film stars Himesh Reshammiya and Farah Karimae in the lead roles. Naseeruddin Shah, Shekhar Kapur, Kabir Bedi, and Monica Dogra play the supporting roles. Teraa Surroor was released on 11 March 2016 in over 1000 cinemas all over India. The basic plot was taken from the Hollywood film The Next Three Days.
|Directed by||Shawn Arranha|
|Produced by||Vipin Reshammiya|
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Cinematography||Maneesh Chandra Bhatt|
|Edited by||Ashish Gaikar|
|Box office||₹20.21 crore|
The film begins with the murder of two Indian origin men in Ireland being killed by a masked man. The story then shifts to Tara Wadia, who is a singer and the girlfriend of a businessman-cum-gangster Raghu and lives with her mother. Raghu, it is revealed, is much in the eyes of the law.
One day, Raghu confesses to Tara that he had spent a night with a prostitute unintentionally. Disappointed, Tara breaks up with him and decides to leave for Ireland, despite her mother trying to convince her of Raghu's goodwill. However, the moment she lands in Dublin, she gets detained after being caught with drugs. Tara calls Raghu for help. Now he must help her and find Anirudh Brahman, the stranger who befriended Tara on Facebook and invited her to Ireland.
Raghu hires a lawyer, Elle Jordan to rescue Tara and tries to get her bailed out but the plea is rejected by the judiciary. Fearing a supposedly insurmountable life sentence, Raghu decides to help Tara, during which time, it is revealed that in childhood, he used to work for a gangster, Aurangzeb, who was badly wanted by the law, simply because Aurangzeb had held his mother a slave and she was in need of an operation, for which Raghu wanted money. A man named Anthony, instead, promised to give money for his mother's operation, and Raghu was trained in using a pistol to shoot Aurangzeb. When he proceeded with the task, he initially hesitated to shoot the gangster, but when Aurangzeb insulted his mother, Raghu shot him multiple times without a second thought.
Raghu consults with Robin Dharamraj Santino, an infamous convict who has escaped 14 times from prison. Robin says that he would charge him 20 mins each to help him and Raghu agrees. Robin briefs him all plans and procedures and warns him that he must get Tara out of jail just within 20 minutes before the entire city would lock down by an automatic system. Succeeding in helping Tara escape, Raghu stays back for fighting the cops to buy her time.
After a successful escape, Raghu reconciles with Tara after revealing to her that his act of sleeping with the prostitute was actually part of a plan, and that he is actually an undercover assassin who has previously killed many criminals on behalf of Commissioner Afzal A. Khan. Seconds later, he is informed of Anirudh Brahman's location, and upon reaching there, is shocked to find Haider, Tara's close friend and associate, who confesses that he wanted to trap Raghu out of revenge for having killed Aurangzeb, who, it turns out, was his father. Raghu kills him and reunites with Tara.
- Himesh Reshammiya as Raghu, a gangster and boyfriend of Tara
- Farah Karimaee as Tara Wadia, Raghu's girlfriend
- Naseeruddin Shah as Robin "Bird" Dharamraj Santino, a criminal who helps Raghu
- Shekhar Kapur as Rajeev Kaul, India's Ambassador in Ireland
- Monica Dogra as Elle Jordan, Tara's lawyer
- Kabir Bedi as AA Khan, Indian Police Commissioner
- Shernaz Patel as Tara's mother
- Suneel Dutt as Drug trafficker
- Myles Molloy as Police Officer Graham Molloy
- Ann Marie O'Connor as Policewoman
- Richard O'Leary as Policeman
- Warren Renwick as Policeman
- Maneesh Chandra Bhatt as Anthony
- Niraj Singh as Farooq Ansari
- Ravi Singh as Indian Man
- Tereza as Neon, a call girl
- Naresh Suri as Indian Police Officer
- Degnan Geraghty as Col. Trueman Head of Irish Intelligence
- Abhishek Duhan as Haider / Anirudh Brahman
The film was made on a budget of ₹110 million (US$1.5 million) from which ₹65 million (US$910,000) was used on the production of the film and the remaining ₹45 million (US$630,000) was spent on marketing. The details about the film were unveiled in December 2015. On 27 January 2016, T-Series released the trailer on YouTube and also unveiled the first look poster through Twitter. Two other posters were also released later. On 24 February 2016, another poster was released.
Reshammiya also did tours before release of the film. He performed in Amsterdam and in different cities of India including Pune, Surat, Hyderabad, Kolkata and New Delhi. Reshammiya also visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on 8 March 2016 with Farah Karimaee to offer prayers for the success of Teraa Surroor. The director Shawan Arranha has told that the budget of the film was recovered through the music even before the release of film. Arranha said: "The producers have already recovered the film's cost through sale of music, satellite and other rights".
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||HR Musik Limited|
|Himesh Reshammiya chronology|
|Singles from Teraa Surroor|
The soundtrack of Teraa Surroor was composed by Reshammiya. The first track of the soundtrack titled Main Woh Chaand was released on 29 January 2016. It was sung by Darshan Raval. The soundtrack received positive reviews. Mohar Basu of The Times of India rated the music 3 out of 5 where as Sreeju Sudhakaran of Bollywood Life rated the soundtrack 4 out 5. Preeti Lopes of Bollywood capsule rated the album 4.5 out of 5 stating "the music album of ‘Teraa Surroor’ is the best of the year so far. Versatile singing, heart touching lyrics and engrossing compositions along with some great opportunities provided by Himesh Reshammiya to the upcoming talent that our country has in abundance."[This quote needs a citation]Badshah also sang the song Teri Yaad with Reshammiya
|1.||"Main Woh Chaand"||Sameer||Himesh Reshammiya||Darshan Raval||05:22|
|2.||"Bekhudi"||Shabbir Ahmed||Himesh Reshammiya||Darshan Raval, Aditi Singh Sharma||05:48|
|3.||"Wafa Ne Bewafai"||Sameer||Himesh Reshammiya||Arijit Singh, Neeti Mohan, Suzanne D'Mello||05:20|
|4.||"Teri Yaad"||Shabbir Ahmed||Himesh Reshammiya||Himesh Reshammiya, Badshah||03:54|
|5.||"Adhuri Zindagi"||Rituraj Mohanty||Himesh Reshammiya||Rituraj Mohanty||06:53|
|6.||"Ishq Samundar (Reloaded) (Originally composed by Anand Raj Anand)"||Anand Raj Anand||Himesh Reshammiya||Himesh Reshammiya, Kanika Kapoor||03:10|
|7.||"Teri Yaad" (Reprise)||Shabbir Ahmed||Himesh Reshammiya||Himesh Reshammiya||05:07|
|8.||"Teraa Surroor" (Mashup)||DJ Kiran Kamath||03:53|
Official trailer of the film was released on 27 January 2016. The film was released on 11 March 2016. It was released in more than 1,700 cinemas across India with over 5,800 shows per day.
|Times of India|
The film collected ₹142 million (US$2.0 million) in two weeks after release in India.
It grossed ₹38.8 million (US$540,000) on the first two days. On the first weekend, film grossed ₹64.6 million (US$910,000), beating Saala Khadoos which collected ₹54.6 million (US$770,000) on its opening weekend. The film crossed ₹78.4 million (US$1.1 million) on the fifth day and ₹103 million (US$1.4 million) on the sixth day. It reached ₹114 million (US$1.6 million) on the seventh day. Teraa Surroor also entered the list of Top 10 Highest Opening Weekend Grosses of 2016 in India. The film did decent business at box office.
The soundtrack received positive reviews from Bollywood Hungama, Bolly Spice, and Blog to Bollywood. India-West rated the album 2.5 stars out of 5.
|The Indian Express|
The film mostly gained negative reviews in the critics.
Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express said that Himesh Reshammiya's film is mess. He also said: "The focus stays firmly on Himesh, who remains blank-faced through it all, never cracking a single smile, not even when he is with his girl. All in tons of slo mo, alternating with dizzying camera angles. All drowned in loud background music". Gupta rated the film with a half star.
Sreeju Sudhakaran of BollywoodLife.com rated 3 out of 5. He said: "Teraa Surroor delivers as a true Himesh Reshammiya film. It is a typical masala entertainer with some great music. If you liked Aap Kaa Surroor, then Teraa Surroor definitely won't disappoint."
Surabhi Redkar of koimoi.com said: "Watching Himesh Reshammiya try to act like an enticing hero wooing ladies and making the worst of face ever!" He gave 1 star out of five.
- Tuteja, Joginder (10 March 2016). "Box Office Predictions – Teraa Surroor, 1982 – A Love Marriage, Murari The Mad Gentleman By Joginder Tuteja -March 10, 20160". koimoi.com. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Box Office: Worldwide Collections of Teraa Surroor". 12 March 2016. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Himesh gets a six-pack for 'Teraa Suroor 2'". Times Of India. 25 December 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "FIRST LOOK: HIMESH RESHAMMIYA IN 'TERAA SUROOR 2'". India Glitz. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Tera Suroor 2 'March'es Ahead". Box Office India. 26 December 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- Sarkar, Suparno (11 March 2016). "'Teraa Surroor' funny reviews: Audience mock Himesh Reshammiya-starrer on Twitter". International Business Times. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Introducing the deadly characters of 'Teraa Surroor'". Times of India. 5 March 2016. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "'Teraa Surroor' To Lead The Show". movietalkies.com. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Raj, Jem. "TERAA SURROOR HAS ALREADY RECOVERED ITS COSTS!". Bolly Speice. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- David Chambers (1 January 2015). "Himesh Reshammiya in 'Teraa Suroor 2'". presstelegraph.com. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Teraa Suroor 2 First look! Himesh Reshammiya starring film to release on 11 March 2016". The News Teller. 25 December 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "First poster of Himesh Reshammiya's 'Teraa Surroor' out!". deccanchronicle.com. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Poster alert: New poster of 'Teraa Surroor". fridaymoviez.com. 25 February 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Teraa Surroor launches their new Poster". Bollywood Helpline. 24 February 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Raj, Jem (1 March 2016). "TERAA SURROOR PROMOTIONS IN HYDERABAD & PUNE!". Bolly Speice. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Musical tours for Himesh Reshammiya before the release of Teraa Surroor". deccanchronicle.com. 2 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Himesh, Farah Karimaee visit Ajmer Sharif for Teraa Surroor". Times of India. 8 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- ""Teraa Surroor is in profits before release" – Shawn Arranha". Bollywood Hungama. 6 March 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- Basu, Mohar. "'Teraa Surroor' is an edge-of-the-seat entertainer". Times of India. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Teraa Suroor song Main Woh Chaand: Himesh Reshammiya & Farah Karimaee bare their emotions in this melodious song". India.com. 29 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- Basu, Mohar (4 March 2016). "Music Review: Teraa Surroor". Times of India. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- Sudhakaran, Sreeju (23 February 2016). "Teraa Surroor music review: Himesh Reshammiya belts out a FANTASTIC album for his comeback vehicle!". Bollywood Life. Missing or empty
- Rachel Baker (28 January 2016). "'Teraa Surroor' trailer: Himesh's next is all about love and betrayal". Times of India. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Box Office: Kapoor And Sons Is A BIG Winner, Teraa Surroor Gets A Decent Business". koimoi. 25 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "Teraa Surroor : Day 2 (1st Saturday) Box Office Collections". koimoi. 13 March 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- Groves, Don (13 March 2016). "Sonam Kapoor Starrer 'Neerja' Stays Strong in India While 'Teraa Surroor' Struggles". Forbes. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Tuteja, Joginder (14 March 2016). "Box Office – Teraa Surroor's 1st Weekend; Neerja's 4th Weekend Business". koimoi. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- Tuteja, Joginder (15 March 2016). "Box Office : Teraa Surroor Has A Steady 1st Monday". koimoi. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Teraa Surroor : 1st Wednesday Box Office Collections". koimoi. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- H Hooli, Shekhar (18 March 2016). "'Teraa Surroor' 1st week box office collection: Himesh starrer fails to halt 'Neerja' business". International Business Times. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Teraa Surroor Enters 2016's Top 10 Highest Opening Weekend Grosses List". koimoi. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Teraa Surroor". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Vats, Rohit (11 March 2016). "Teraa Surroor review: The mysterious, musical guy is everywhere". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Singh, Suhani (11 March 2016). "Teraa Surroor review: Himesh Reshammiya is a mopey gangster in this listless love story". India Today. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Ankit Mehta (11 March 2016). "'Teraa Surroor' movie review round-up: What critics have to say about Himesh Reshammiya-starrer". International Business Times. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Gupta, Shubhra (11 March 2016). "Teraa Surroor movie review: Himesh Reshammiya's film is a mess". The Indian Express. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Saibal Chatterjee (11 March 2016). "Teraa Surroor Movie Review". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Sreeju Sudhakaran (11 March 2016). "Teraa Surroor movie review: Himesh Reshammiya's latest offering has all the ingredients of a masala film!". BollywoodLife.com. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Surabhi Redkar (11 March 2016). "Teraa Surroor Review". koimoi.com. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Teraa Surroor.|