Teodoro Schmidt, Chile
|• Alcalde||Alfredo Waldemar Riquelme Arriagada|
|• Town and Commune||649.9 km2 (250.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||37 m (121 ft)|
|• Town and Commune||15,045|
|• Density||23/km2 (60/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (CLT)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (CLST)|
|Area code(s)||(+56) 45|
|Website||Municipality of Teodoro Schmidt|
According to data from the 2002 Census of Population and Housing, Teodoro Schmidt had 15,504 inhabitants; of these, 6,244 (40.3%) lived in urban areas and 9,260 (59.7%) in rural areas. At that time, there were 100,000 men and 40,000 women.
As a commune, Teodoro Schmidt is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a communal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2016-2021 mayor is Alfredo Riquelme Arriagada.
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Teodoro Schmidt belongs to the 51st electoral district and 15th senatorial constituency.
- "Municipality of Teodoro Schmidt" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 17 April 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Archived from the original on 2007-09-11. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- (in Spanish) Municipality of Teodoro Schmidt