|Order||Knights Templar then Knights Hospitaller|
|Important associated figures||Odo of Bayeux|
|Location||Templecombe, Somerset, England|
One of the manors within the parish was held by Earl Leofwine. It was awarded to Bishop Odo of Bayeux after the Norman Conquest. It was his descendant Serlo FitzOdo who granted it to the Knights Templar who established a preceptory in the village in 1185.
- Bush, Robin (1994). Somerset: The Complete Guide. Dovecote Press. pp. 206. ISBN 1-874336-26-1.
- Page, William (1911). "House of Knights Templar: The preceptory of Templecombe'". A History of the County of Somerset: Volume 2. British History Online. Retrieved 8 January 2010.
- "St Bernard of Clairveaux, Templecombe, Somerset". Grand Priory of Knights Templar in England and Wales. Archived from the original on 29 June 2008. Retrieved 8 January 2010.
- Faith, Juliet. The Knights Templar in Somerset. The History Press. p. 25–51. ISBN 9780752452562.
- "1996 - 03 - Templecombe, Somerset". Unofficial Time Team Site. Archived from the original on 2 March 2008. Retrieved 28 January 2008.