|WikiProject Stub sorting, an attempt to bring some sort of order to Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, you can choose to improve/expand the articles containing this stub notice, or visit the project page, where you can join the project and see a list of open tasks.This template is maintained by |
|WikiProject Materials, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Materials on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.This template is within the scope of |
||This template does not require a rating on the quality scale.
Need better pictureEdit
The icon picture (Image:Louie nanotube.jpg) currently used in the template, as supplied by Rmrfstar on 2 April 2006 doesn't work. When reduced to icon size it looks black-on-black. There's too much detail in it, too. I tried editing it to give it a lighter background, but when shrunk to icon size the nanotube lattice becomes an undecipherable blur. —QuicksilverT @ 20:48, 17 November 2006 (UTC)
- It's true, I can't believe nothing's been done about this in 14 months – if someone has an idea for a better image, please go ahead and make the change, because I don't... all I know is that I couldn't make this one out without viewing it larger — alex.muller (talk • edits) 19:22, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
The image on this template seems to be broken. Is it broken for everyone else? Cliff12345 (talk) 21:36, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- I searched it and found that the file has been deleted. (Here). We must find a new one. Hence it must be brocken for all the articles using this template Material-stub.Vanischenu mTalk 22:25, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- Hmmm, I'll have a look for a new image. Cliff12345 (talk) 22:49, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- How about either of these? http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Multi-nanotube.jpg http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Carbon_nanotube.svg I'm guessing that the second one would be slightly clearer as a small image, though perhaps we should rotate it 90 degrees if we use it? Cliff12345 (talk) 22:53, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- They are really good. It is interesting to note that the earlier image has been there since 2006, and also was about to be replaced by another one. So feel free to place another image. Let us see how they work.
Sorry that I cannot rotate it. We may request it for rotation.
You can choose one of this or replace the image by an image which is apt to material science.
Vanischenu mTalk 12:05, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Ok, the first one doesn't look very clear to me, the later 2 look better, though perhaps if we rotated the middle one (Carbon nanotube.svg) and expanded it so we only see the middle? (I'll try that now and upload it in a few mins). — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cliff12345 (talk • contribs) 12:09, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Right, I've rotated and cropped a little bit:
Do you think this would be ok? I think this image looks slightly clearer than the others. Cliff12345 (talk) 12:34, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, it is ok. Thank you for modifying it. Vanischenu mTalk 14:17, 16 June 2012 (UTC)