- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 05:28, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
New Britain bronzewingEdit
... that in 1988, the New Britain bronzewing was rated as a near threatened species on the IUCN Red List of Endangered Species but, in 2000, its was warranted a vulnerable status?
5x expanded by Adityavagarwal (talk). Self-nominated at 19:23, 19 September 2017 (UTC).
- Solid article expansion, on few but good sources, no copyvio obvious. - I'd cut the hook after its most interesting part, - perhaps adding where to be found:
... that in 1988, the New Britain bronzewing was rated as a near threatened species?
- Please remove the stub tags. I removed the source here, after reading: we should not use citation templates, - this one caused a fat error message that it wasn't used. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 11:02, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Gerda Arendt Removed the stub tag. Should I use some other way of citation for DYKs? Also, ALT1 is cool (just that, it might give an impression that it still is near threatened, but it is now vulnerable). (It is found in Papua New Guinea, so you mean to add that? It would be cool too!) Adityavagarwal (talk) 13:52, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you! YOU please word ALT2, - or I can't review it. (I can only rephrase, not introduce different facts.) Citation: you can just give the url, in straight brackets. The reviewer needs to look at the article anyway, for the other details. - I changed stub to start on the talk page, - next tme you can do that. - Hook, I think saying "in 1988" suggests that something changed, no? We want to raise curiosity, not tell it all. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 13:59, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- ALT2: ...that the New Britain bronzewing is endemic to Papua New Guinea and, in 1988, was rated as a near threatened species?
- Gerda Arendt Thanks! Looks better? Adityavagarwal (talk) 18:06, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
...that the New Britain bronzewing, endemic to Papua New Guinea, was rated as a near threatened species in 1988?
- 3 choices --Gerda Arendt (talk) 19:09, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
- I don't understand why anybody would be interested in it being "near-threatened" in 1988 when it is considered "vulnerable" now, that is, more at risk of extinction now than it was in 1988. Cwmhiraeth (talk) 06:02, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Cwmhiraeth: and @Gerda Arendt: how about: Adityavagarwal (talk) 07:00, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
...that the New Britain bronzewing is recorded in the Poikili and the Garu Wildlife Protection Areas?
- That would be interesting to readers who know the wildlife areas. I'd also prefer something the bird does ("live" or whatever) to this passive voice recorded. Cwmhiraeth, I am interested in birds, threatened or not. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:06, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- How about
- --Gerda Arendt (talk) 18:22, 1 October 2017 (UTC)