- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by BlueMoonset (talk) 20:59, 5 January 2020 (UTC)
Honey Davenport performing a lip sync
- ... that Honey Davenport reigned over Paradise before appearing on RuPaul's Drag Race? Source: "On Sunday, Feb. 18, Miss Paradise 2018 was crowned, and Honey Davenport is her name." 
ALT1:... that Honey Davenport boycotted a Monster in October 2018? Source: "Davenport took to the Monster stage and informed a packed crowd of the behind-the-scenes drama. She then refused to perform, dropping her microphone to the floor and storming off stage. The news sent tremors through the NYC club scene, and prompted several other drag queens to pull their acts from Monster as well." 
- ALT2:... that Honey Davenport used to live on the same block as Vivacious, Sahara Davenport and Peppermint? Source: "For four year, Honey Davenport traveled around the world as a backup dancer for Peppermint and Sherry Vine. Monet X Change is also her drag daughter, and she used to live on the same block as Vivacious, Sahara Davenport, and Peppermint in Harlem." 
Improved to Good Article status by Armadillopteryx (talk). Self-nominated at 06:47, 2 December 2019 (UTC).
- Article was recently promoted to GA. Articles is well referenced and within policy. Only ping on Earwigs is from a long quotation. QPQ is done. Hooks are cited inline and referenced.
- ALT0 looks good.
- Struck ALT1, as the pun loses its meaning to a general audience without Monster Bar being an article on Wikipedia.
- I would err against ALT2 as not being interesting to a general audience.
- I'm unsure about the image selected, as the way it's lit makes the subject matter very unclear. But otherwise this nomination is good to go. Morgan695 (talk) 04:39, 7 December 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Morgan695, and thanks for the review! I'm perfectly happy to use ALT0 and not include the image. In fact, I did not put the image here myself; another use added it. Armadillopteryxtalk 04:57, 7 December 2019 (UTC)