This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses, and initial news reports may be unreliable. The last updates to this article may not reflect the most current information. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This template should not be substituted.|
|If you plan to make breaking changes to this template, move it, or nominate it for deletion, please notify Twinkle's users and maintainers at Wikipedia talk:Twinkle as a courtesy, as this template is used in the standard installation of Twinkle. Thank you!|
|This template uses Lua:|
This template displays the tag above and adds articles to Category:Current events or one of its dated subcategories.
- Note that every article on Wikipedia has a General disclaimer indicating that the article contents may not be accurate.
- As an advisory to editors, the template may optionally be used in those extraordinary occasions that many editors (perhaps a hundred or more) edit an article on the same day, for example, in the case of natural disasters or other breaking news.
- It is not intended to be used to mark an article that merely has recent news articles about the topic; if it were, hundreds of thousands of articles would have this template, with no informational consequence.
- Generally it is expected that this template and its closely related templates will appear on an article for less than a day; occasionally longer.
- If you desire that an article be noticed as a topic about or related to a significant current event, see Wikipedia:How the Current events page works, and also Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates
- Check main (article) namespace links
The template takes three parameters:
- Parameter 1 overrides the word "article"
- Parameter 2 overrides the words "current event"
- Named parameter "date" categorizes into a monthly sub category for ease of maintenance. This will be added by a bot if omitted.
TemplateData for Current
This template generates a tag to indicate that the article documents a current event.
|Type (typically section)||
Something to replace "article" in the template, typically "section"
Allows modification of the current link instead of displaying "current event"
The month and year that the article is identified as current.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:Current/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (edit) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.