Tempest (Deftones song)
"Tempest" is the second single by Sacramento, California-based alternative metal band Deftones, from their seventh studio album, Koi No Yokan. The song debuted on PureVolume's official website on October 3, 2012 along with a video featuring band members Chino Moreno and Sergio Vega giving some insight regarding the track. The song's lyrical content is representative of the supposed end of the world that would have occurred on December 21, 2012, according to various myths related to the Mayan calendar. It was featured in the trailer for the film Jack the Giant Slayer and an episode of The Following and in the film Furious 7.
|Single by Deftones|
|from the album Koi No Yokan|
|Released||October 9, 2012|
|Songwriter(s)||Stephen Carpenter, Abe Cunningham, Chino Moreno, Frank Delgado, Sergio Vega|
|Deftones singles chronology|
The song has been described as post-metal. It was placed at No. 2 in Consequence of Sound's article "The Top 20 Deftones Songs", with the song described as containing "[e]xpansive textures, Shakespearian lyrics, and multiple all-time-great riffs rolled into one banger".
- Chino Moreno - vocals, guitar
- Stephen Carpenter - guitar
- Abe Cunningham - drums
- Frank Delgado - keyboards, samples, turntables
- Sergio Vega - bass
- "Deftones: Koi No Yokan - PopMatters". PopMatters. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- Bogosian, Dan; Hadusek, Jon. "The Top 20 Deftones Song". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Deftones Chart History (Hot Rock Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Deftones Chart History (Rock Airplay)". Billboard. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Deftones Chart History (Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Deftones Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Rock Airplay Songs: Year End 2013". Billboard. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Mainstream Rock Songs: 2013 (Year-End)". Billboard. Retrieved May 13, 2014.